The Postman Knock #8 or Oops I Went A Little Mad Edition!

Hey ho, folks! This is how I feel today...

I've already written about the results of my ban here. As you can see from my huge book haul, it's ended, I've reached my goals and I'm ecstatic! Thank you all for your support and virtual hugs, I really needed them at times...

Here's what I've got (freebies were downloaded from my wishlist within the last 4 months; I used Black Friday offers to buy books, and all review copies are from this week)

REVIEW COPIES


FREEBIES


BOUGHT

These were much much cheaper from Books on Board rather than ebooks on Amazon, and I had them on my wishlist for ages!


These are all Amazon Kindle bargains.

Here you go, that's me done until Christmas. :D
___________________________________

READ this week:

RESONANCE was amazing. It's the second book of this author I've read and I really am impressed. This one is talking about environmental disaster and two scientists' race to minimize the damage, really gripping! THE ZERO DOG WAR made me giggle all the way through. It's full of snark, craziness in a good way and exaggerated villains and heroes, - in other words FUN. Read it! THE INNOCENT was so intense. This is the second thriller I've read from Taylor Stevens. The first one, The Informationist, ended up one of my favorite reads of 2011. The main heroine, androgynous Vanessa Michael Munroe is such an awesome psychotic badass, you'd love her :D PRETTY WHEN SHE DIES was a decent read, but I can't add much more to that. The same can be said about BLOOD KIN. It's nice but I don't really like that it's more paranormal romance than urban fantasy, the ratio just doesn't do any favors to the plot. At last, LUCAS was scrumptious, and I read the book in one go. Scorching, fast-paced and lacking usual alpha male jerkiness, D.B.Reynolds writes one of the very few PNR series I adore, and she is on my absolute autobuy.

DNF:

SYKOSA was a constant stream of teenage consciousness along with jerking off her boyfriend and some weird ass thinking. I couldn't stomach it to be honest. I've looked up some reviews on this book and it seems that you either like it or hate it, so it's really a matter of taste. DARKNESS FALLS started much weaker than the previous book and the main heroine was very rude and obnoxious towards her grieving mother. I really took it to heart and stopped reading. Off it goes to a charity shop.

This is it.

Next week look out for a couple of giveaways and have a lovely Sunday!
There is one giveaway happening right now if you're interested *wink*

Ciao!


Comments

  1. WOOT! You did it!

    Look at that haul, very nice indeed. I so enjoy Donna's (D.B.'s) books, they are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear me ... you are aware that all the effort you put into reducing your TBR pile has been wiped clean with a click of a hungry mouse? Not that I'd blame you!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a haul! Welcome back to book buying madness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved Moonshifted, you had a lot of amazing books this week, it's amazing. I'm pretty jealous lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Donna's writing is fantastic, Bea! I really enjoyed this book!

    Birgit, ahaha! You are right, however the whole point was to go through all the books that have been on my shelves for a long time, and these are all new aquisitions. In other world, I've got a plan now. :)

    Mel, lol. Thank you!

    D., I'm looking forward to Moonshifted :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing better after a book buying ban than going on a splurge! But I think you still did pretty well on holding back ;-)

    I've heard awesome things about Slammed, can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    Oh, and Books on Board has some great deals sometimes, I always double check them before buying from Amazon!

    Enjoy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Cat! I do check them now, as I read from my laptop and the format doesn't make any difference to me. Looking forward to Slammed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh,I want to read The Devil's Metal! You got a lot of awesome books. I jump up and down whenever my mailman brings books so I know how you feel. :)

    HERE is what I got.
    Zemira @ YA Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read Karina Halle before, Zemira, so I'm looking forward to this book too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a lot of books! I just started Moonshifted myself, so far I'm enjoying it a lot. Pushing the Limits was pretty cool to, I can't wait to see what you'll make of it. But Sanctum... ohhh, that's one of my favorite 2012 releases, maybe even one of my favorites in general! I can't WAIT for you to read it.
    Happy reading to you! Have a wonderful week, Karina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sanctum was bought after your review, Maja! So I'm very much looking forward to it! ;) and Moonshifted is my next book on to-read list. Hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a haul!! Curious about Delilah Dawson's novella! But alas, I still have to read Wicked as They Come!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOO, you have to read Wicked As They Come asap, Jessica! It's so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so many books! Great haul. I see a few I'd love to have and some I already own :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Ula! I'm looking forward to reading all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the end of your Book Ban. But boy, you went a bit nuts didn't you, luv? LOL! Making up for lost times :) A Girl Named Digit is fun and quirky and Sanctum is awesome! Enjoy everything, K.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG...that is an amazing haul. I have read Girl Named Digit, pushing the Limits and Slammed. You have some interesting bok that I will have to check out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Ps-yay for the end of you ban!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol This is exactly what happened to me. I just din't list everything in my post because then I would have to face the reality of how many books I downloaded.

    The Kindle deals just killed me this past week. I had been doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is what happens when you deny yourself so long! ;) Hope you enjoy Pushing the Limits, can't believe it's only 20p.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sanctum and Pushing the Limits are fantastic! I loved those, although I wasn't a huge fan of Slammed. I hope you enjoy them all though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. excellent book haul! I'm trying really hard to keep my book buy intake low until I'm more caught up. I keep getting distracted by holiday stuff and haven't been able to read and review very fast..anyhow, I am still eyeing your book haul longingly. Happy reading! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy Book Hauls you go girl..I loved the Emperor's Conspiracy and hope you do too! Have an awesome week with your new lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, lots and lots of books :D I would not even know where to start

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been hearing great things about Sanctum so I hope you enjoy that one.

    Glad you bought the Devil's Metal and I love seeing it on book hauls because I think it is simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mea culpa, Joy! What can I say? ;)

    Michelle, thank you! I've heard great things about these books so really stoked to read them!

    Karen, I know! I found Black Friday deals a murder! ;)

    Ellie, me too! So good. Harlequin website for example still prices it for just under $12!

    Keertana, looking forward to them! Thanks for stopping by! ;)

    Heather, I've been doing exactly the same for the last 4 months! ;)

    Kimba! *bows* The Emperor's Conspiracy was sooo goood...

    Blodeuedd, no worries! I use Random.org for a problem like this :)

    Kara, I hope so too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. After all your hard work I think you're due a few good books so don't feel guilty just view it as stocking up for the winter like I do!

    Have a good week kara-karina:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Um, wow! Look at all those amazing books. Lol. You really let loose. But Freebies are so great for that. ;) Have a great week dear!

    ReplyDelete
  28. SANCTUM! I am so, so eager to get my hands on that. I first heard of it when Brigid Kemmerer gushed how good it was and KNEW then that I needed to read. In Brigid, I trust :D I've been seeing Slammed mentioned a LOT lately. I don't even know what it's about, but I'm compelled to read it. I hope you like A Girl Named Digit; that sounds fun!!

    Your mailbox has kind of exploded from the AWESOMENESS of so many amazing books this week!! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, you did go a little crazy. Is the ban back now?

    You got a lot of good looking stuff though! Enjoy your freedom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts