The Postman Knock #9

Ahoy, me pretties!

How is your Christmas shopping going? Mine is done and dusted. Even my Christmas tree is done at last.
That's what you'll see if you peek in our front window...


Here is what I've READ this week:


I've already posted my review on THE EMPEROR'S CONSPIRACY. Gorgeous book, read it! The same goes for MOONSHIFTED. It's all in my review peeps ;) GILDED - wow, wow, wow! I am so frustrated right now with the ending. This was a book that kept me on the edge and then I fell off the cliff. No cliffhanger per se, but some very radical changes in the plot. I feel like I must backtrack the rest of Miss Cooper's books and read them right now. A GIRL NAMED DIGIT was  full of light fluff, it's nice but I don't think I loved it as mush as other people on whose reviews I picked it up. A VAMPIRE WALKS INTO A BAR was a short and funny novella from Tracey Sinclair. Very enjoyable, snarky and British. MY LIEGE OF DARK HAVEN  was just lovely. It was a BDSM book I picked up on recommendation. I enjoyed the love story and the writing style. It was very relaxing, hot, sweet, had absolutely no jerky alpha males and I'll definitely be picking up more of Cherise Sinclair's books in the future. THE MYSTERIOUS MADAM MORPHO was a sweet little novella, the most memorable part of which was magical butterfly performance. At last, I finished my reading challenge of the year with KUSHIEL'S AVATAR, an incredibly gorgeous fantasy from Jacqueline Carey. I love her writing and slowly go through all her books. The problem is they are about 1000 pages long each and emotionally intense, so it takes a long time to read and process one book :)

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Kara-karina has completed her goal of reading 250 books in 2012!
hide


BOUGHT

FOR REVIEW


NEWS:


For the next two weeks I'm running a Christmas feature I'm undertaking for the first time in my blogging experience.
It will involve guest posts and giveaways for the books of some of my favorite authors, so I hope we all have fun and that it'll go smoothly.
The schedule will be posted on Monday.
Fingers crossed!

CURRENT GIVEAWAYS:


Happy Sunday!


Comments

  1. I'm thoroughly impressed by the fact that you've read over 250 books! How on Earth did you do that!? Are you disappearing into another dimension where time goes by much slower and four hours in our world are four weeks there or what else is your secret???

    Cute Christmas tree BTW! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of awesome books read, lots of awesome books in the mail :D

    Yay on finishing your challenge, I was lame and went with 200 ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore the Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey as well...the books are so involving. I am so impressed with the number of books you manage to read each week! I'm struggling with two a week at the moment!

    Looking forward to your Christmas event as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is so cute! I'm currently reading the alchemists, it's nice. I also have the trouble with fate but forgot to add it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. Sorry A Girl Named Digit didn't work out so well for you. But I hope the next book you see on my AMAZEBALLS shelf will be great. :) Busy week for you K. And looking forward to your Christmas With...week.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tree and the peak in your front window. My tree will go up this afternoon and will definetly not be as tastefully decorated as your after my daughters have got thier hand on it!

    You've been reading up a storm this week too I see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh very nice!! Love your little tree! Ours is done as well, has been since the weekend after Thanksgiving! My mom and me move fast, my sister...not so much help! My Christmas shopping is done as well, the wrapping...haven't even started since I have to keep the gifts in my room for a while longer!

    Nice haul too! Haven't read any of these but I intend to buy Delilah's novella once I read her book, which I must do soon! It's buried in my TBR stacks somewhere!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul and congrats on completing your goodreads challenge, I am past mine (160) and up to 197 at the moment.

    Check out my haul

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're little tree is lovely, Karina:) And The Madness Underneath!! So jealous! Looking forward to all your thoughts on that one!

    My Weekly Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I'd love to get Pantomime as well :D
    I put my tree up as well, I did it yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. O.o I am looking forward to your Christmas posts. Your tree is lovely and I love that you will replant it. The view to your home looks cozy and inviting. Awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Birgit, for some time I wasn't sure I'd pull it off :) i think the ban pushed me very hard, because my obsession with buying books made me go through my pile really fast. Also I've been ruthlessly DNFing books I dislike. That helped :)

    Blodeuedd, it's not lame at all. Last year mine was 175 i think, so you've done really well. The average reading challenge on Goodreads is 56 books, so you read way above average, hon!

    Mel, sweetie, it's all about how you feel. Also I don't have a TV and that helps to concentrate on reading ;) I dream of reading every single book Jacqueline writes. She is fabulous.

    Dehlia, I'll be starting Trouble soon, and glad to hear Alchemists are good. Enjoy your reads. We might even review Trouble at the same time LOL

    Joy, aww, I did enjoy Digit, but I think I would have liked her more i a movie than in a book :D She is that type of perfect comic heroine.

    Lesley, I think it's definitely a different ball game when kids get involved :) It's all about fun that way not aesthetics.

    Jessica, your mom is so very organised, well done! You have to read Wicked As They Ccme, it was a great read!

    Michelle, wow! It's a great jump ahead of your challenge, well done!

    Heather, thank you! I'm looking forward to new Maureen's book. The first one was really good.

    Ula, great feelings isn't it? When you do your Christmas tree ;)

    Thanks, Kimba! I hope you like the feature! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree is so pretty! Congratulations on getting it put up. We were going to get ours up today but we found everything but the base. So now we have to go out and buy a new damn base. LOL. I am so unorganized.

    Congrats on finishing your Goodreads challenge. I am almost there too!

    Enjoy the books you got this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Kara! Get your base and do some pics of your tree, I love looking at everyone's Christmas decorations, - it's so much fun. :)

    Woohoo, *raises glass* best of luck with finishing your Goodreads challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Christmas trees. It's always so much fun to decorate them ^^ Great job on your Goodreads challenge! You've read quite some books this year :D

    Sister Assassin (also known as Mind games I believe?), Pantomime & The madness underneath sound and look really good! I can't wait to see what you think about them :) Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my haul!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, what a week in books! I wish I could read that fast. Looks like you have some amazing new ones too. :) Have a great week! And so glad you are ready for the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had a seriously productive reading week and got a bunch of awesome stuff. Go, go, go!

    Your little tree is also super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts