Around The World in Book Covers Russian vs British Edition

I don't do this feature often enough but I thought it would be fun to do it today :)

Which one do you like the most? My favorite is still UK cover.

Again, the girl is 16! UK cover is much more appropriate :)


They both look like they are 25, so no winner for me!



I like the typography and image treatment on Russian covers so much more.

I actually really like both and can't choose... What do you think?

I prefer the original but I do like that we can see George on the other cover with her famous glasses ;)

That's some weird ass dystopian red carpet dress on Russian cover, plus that hood... *shakes head*

 What do you think?

Comments

  1. I usually don't like Russian covers. No matter what genre it is, they almost always look like cheap romances. I also don’t understand how they translate book titles. Sometimes they are so different I wouldn’t have guessed that it is the same book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last Russian one, cool :D

    As for cleavage girl, yeah, too much, hello 16

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know what? I think I prefer the russian each time, they're really beautiful! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read Name of the Star over the holidays..I think the UK cover is the bets of them all..have the US version of the sequel and it looks awful.

    I know what you mean about Feed, I love the original cover but it is kinda cool to see a sensible portrait of the characters now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Russian covers are beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Russian covers are prettier! Though the covers of East are gorgeous, so I can't decide either wich one is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love the Russian cover of East! Very folklore-ish. :) It actually reminds me of a perfume that's inspired by Russian (Slavic) folklore! :) It's Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe I think I agree with you ever time Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the original cover of Feed. Most of the UK covers work better for me, the typography and images on Russian covers is nicer I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is it about The Name of the Star that it mostly gets terrible cover?

    Hearts at Stake: UK.
    Personal Demons: EW.
    The Poison Throne: The Russian for sure.
    East: UK
    Feed: UK, though the Russian cover is hilarious.
    The Last Princess: *snorts* Russians have a serious sense of humor is what I'm learning. Either that or these are the result of all of that vodka.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts