Erotic Romance Review: My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise Sinclair

My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise Sinclair


bought
+18 only

Synopsis from Goodreads
Threatened by university cutbacks, Professor Abigail Bern’s only hope is to publish a provocative research paper--soon. Planning to covertly observe behavior in the notorious Dark Haven BDSM club, she takes a receptionist job. When the owner calls upon her to assist in a demonstration, she’s appalled. Then fascinated. Under the unyielding hands of the master known as my Liege, she discovers a need to be more than an observer.

His late wife had been the center of his life, and Xavier Leduc wants no other. But when his new receptionist does her utmost to keep an emotional distance from him, he’s intrigued and digs deeper. She’s adorable. Intriguingly intelligent, beautifully submissive, sweetly vulnerable. He soon realizes her defenses are keeping her on the fringe of her sexuality--and her life. As he draws her into fuller participation, she unconsciously does the same for him. She begins to fill his world.

Ever since the night she met my Liege Xavier, Abby has questioned everything she believes about herself. She’s falling for the stern owner of Dark Haven and thinks he’s beginning to care for her...until the day he learns why she’s in his club.


Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US($6.39)/UK | The Book Depository US/UK | Fishpond

 8.5/10

* * *
 I'm pretty sure I've heard of this book first on The Book Pushers. Anyway, I rarely read and review erotica because I'm really really picky as to what I'm reading. I need logical plot, I need developed characters and I need emotion - best erotic novels have it all, anything else is pointless.


My Liege of Dark Haven is unexpectedly lovely, Cherise Sinclair is a new author to me and I'll be definitely reading more of her novels.

This book is a mix of sweet, rational and complex characters. Both Abby and Xavier have sparks flying between them and they admit that they can and do make mistakes, and then proceed to apologize instead of behaving like jerks until the very end. 

So far, I've noticed something that really interests me in BDSM novels - there are no alpha male caveman jerkiness here rearing its ugly head in so many romance novels ( 50 shades and Carpathians series I'm talking about you!) - instead it's about trust and strong women relinquishing their control in relationship and feeling stronger because of it. Talking about reverse psychology, huh? And I really really like that.

Not many authors reach that kind of balance but if they do, it feels amazing! I've been fortunate enough this year to find Tiffany Reisz, Cherise Sinclair and a couple of more authors who I'll be talking about in January.

There is only one downside in My Liege of Dark Haven - Abby's ex-boyfriend is intentionally made too villainy. If he was that bad why was she with him for so long in the first place?

Otherwise, it's a lovely fast read full of hot sex, strong friendships and even fuzzy cute puppies but obviously not at the same time. Sorry, I had to mess with you a little in the end, right?

Recommended.

* * *
Очень приятно написанная, романтичная, умная и нежная книга несмотря на топик БДСМ.

Чериз Синклэйр - совершенно новый для меня автор, которого я заприметила по замечательной рецензии от The Book Pushers и красивой обожке. Купила книгу и не пожалела.

Читается быстро и легко, сложные интересные характеры и хороший баланс рационального мышления и открытых чувств, а также контроля в отношениях.
Самые хорошие эротические романы так и выходят - нужен логичный, хороший сюжет, динамичные характеры и настоящие эмоции. Всё остальное это только плюс. Однако если нет этой троицы, то не выходит и романтики и сопереживания главным героям, и читать такую книгу совершенно нет желания.

Мне очень повезло в этом году с нахождением таких авторов как Тиффани Райс, Чериз Синклэр и ещё парочки, которых я буду обсуждать в январе. Что в таких книгах приятно поразило - это отсутствие тупоголовых самоуверенных альфа-мачо, которых так любят авторы многих паранормальных романов (Кристин Фихан - я говорю о вас!) и прекрасный баланс сил. Здесь описаны сильные женщины, отдающий свой контроль над ситуацией своим партнёрам в определённой области, что совершенно не умоляет силы их характера.

Рекомендую.

Comments

  1. I did see a Dark Haven freebie, let's hope it was not this one as I was too lazy to dl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man has a BRAID. A LONG BRAID. Sexy fail. For me, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. жаль что нельзя по русский почитать...
    спасибо за аннотацию!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Может быть на русских форумах есть любительский перевод? Удачи с поиском!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts