The Postman Knock #12 or Epic Christmas Haul!

I hope you all had a great time at Christmas because I sure did! :)

I've READ


THIRD GRAVE DEAD AHEAD was nothing short of fantastic; MADNESS UNDERNEATH much more depressing, darker than the first book, and the ending simply broke my heart. With THE FARM I suspect I will be in minority of people who really disliked this book. I'll rant about it later, but let's just say my experience turned very sour... THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING WICKED was nice but I don't think Miranda's writing is for me. It didn't engaged me emotionally. I had to DNF BLOOD OF THE WICKED by Karina Cooper. I love her steampunk series, but this book was full of paranormal romance cliches and I just wasn't interested enough in it to continue reading. At last, OF BLOOD AND HONEY turned my stomach revealing the extent of human cruelty in Northern Ireland in the 70s. Very dark times, so much pain, but still a great albeit heartbreaking read.

I made a lovely cake, fluffy and very light...
...which is gone already!

And I had a truly great time with my husband, his mom and stepdad. We laughed, we chatted, stuffed ourselves to the gills and drunk lots of sherry and sparkling wine. It was one of the best and most relaxing Christmas dinners I've ever had.

You also should have seen me squealing over the books I've received :)


All are from my Amazon wishlist for Christmas and my birthday which was yesterday, and I was told 2 more pre-orders will be heading my way next week. YAY!
One already came in!



I also bought 

which was reduced to £0.63 on Amazon UK this week, and I just couldn't resist.

and did a birthday trip to the book store with my gift card...

This will put me on paperbacks book buying ban for the next 2-4 months, but I don't mind. I have fantastic reads to occupy my time!

This is it. 
All my Christmas With giveaways end tonight, and I also started my last giveaway hop of the year where I talk about the best reads of 2012 this Sunday.

I hope you enjoyed December with Nocturnal Book Reviews. For me it was explosive and very intense, and I hope 2013 will be even better.

Happy Sunday!
*hugs*


Comments

  1. Epic Christmas Haul indeed! So many fantastic titles listed here. I really loved 172 Hours on the Moon. It was so horrifying! I haven't been that scared by a movie or book in a long time. I hope you like it :)

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you've got Finnikin of the Rock! It is awesome book. I hope you will love it as much as I did.
    By the way, the cake looks delicious. Can you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ you can be happy yes at least they knew what to give you to make your eyes shinings^^

    happy birthday ( a bit late^^)
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashes of honor is so goood! For the farm you're not the only one I saw 2 reviews et 2 persons who dislike it. It's for that I have a copy lol. Happy reading darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, great haul!

    Happy late birthday and a happy new year, hon! Have a fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice haul!! I got Kevin Hearne's latest as well! So very behind on that series! Only read the first one!

    Love Darynda's books and still must read Maureen's first book in her series there too! Tried requesting an egalley of the sequel to help the process, but I was declined. Bummer now since Netgalley doesn't allow you to request multiple times! :P

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to you! And yes, that is a great haul of books, I do hope you will enjoy all of them.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea there was already second book in the Night School series! I know you loved the first book. :)
    The cake looks delicious! :) And Happy Birthday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome loot of books :D
    And a yummy cake too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow sweet haul and that cake looks heavenly! I need to read your review of The Farm its on my wishlist! Happy New Year cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spy Nalini Singh in that epic loads of books, I love her psy/changeling series but keep changing my mind about the Archangels series. What kind of cake is that? It looks amazingly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That truly is an epic haul! Look at all those books. Wow. and that cake looks yummy. Maybe you could post teh recipe?

    I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh, i'd like to read the miranda neville book! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy holidays, Kara! Leaning Towards Solace is an amazing song. I've never seen this video before, though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and your book buying bans ;) I shall just be attempting to read more than I buy in 2013...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ehmergerd. EPIC might just be an understatement, K. Finnikin of the Rock!!! I hope you'll love it as much as I did...do.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, i commented about the cake on Sunday..i know i did because it looked yummy and asked what kind it was, so i stopped back to see if you responded and apparently when i hit publish the gremlins at my comment..tisk tisk!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Becca, I'm looking forward to reading it even more then! :)

    София, я так долго ждала эту книгу!

    Miki, thank you!

    D., Tybalt! I can't wait...

    Mel, thank you!

    Ula, you too!

    Jessica, read it. It's pretty good series.

    Aurian, thank you so much!

    Blodeuedd, it's one of my favorites...

    Kimba, Happy New Year to you too!

    Lesley, I keep promising myself that I'll start her Psy/Changeling series, but never have enough time...

    Bea, Happy New Year, sweetheart!

    Carrie, it was very nice.

    Sara, amazing video, isn't it? I love Sigur Ros.

    Ellie, haha, you know me. I have to make it difficult fr myself...

    Thank you, Roro!

    Joy, you must have been my bad influence... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  19. People got you GREAT books. :-D

    The Killing Moon is so, so good, though a bit slow. The next book makes it totally worthwhile. And I've been meaning to read Marchetta.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts