Bad Blood by Kristen Painter REVIEW

Bad Blood by Kristen Painter (House of Comarre #3)

library


Synopsis from Goodreads
Samhain approaches, bringing with it the final melding of the mortal and othernatural worlds. No one knows just how much power the night holds...
Violent murders occur in Paradise City as counterfeit comarr are systematically hunted. The police and the Kubai Mata have more than enough trouble to keep themselves occupied. As war erupts at home, Malkolm and Chrysabelle head to New Orleans to recover the Ring of Sorrows. Chrysabelle is forced to make a life and death decision and will realize that her relationship to Malkolm may have fatal consequences.
The clock is ticking . . .


 Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK |  The Book Depository US/UK

* * *
Although better than book #2, book #3 is still very much running around in circles instead of moving ahead


The plot is excruciatingly slow. Tatiana rises in a chain of command and is pretty busy with her House, Malcolm and Chrysabelle are trying to get the Ring of Sorrows back from New Orleans before the Halloween, and Creek is busy with trying to control the paranormal events in Paradise City and minimise the damage in collaboration with the mayor. Doc... Doc is messed up.

The thing is, although there is still suspense and it's all very entertaining, there is no definite beginning and the end in each book. Instead of answers you get more questions, new mysteries and plenty of loose ends.

Frankly I feel really tired of this trend. If the next book comes out 6 months or a year later I don't want to be kept hanging until then. I want to close the book with a sense of satisfaction, and start a new one without feeling confused. Am I the only one who doesn't like loose ends and no defined conclusion of the story or some of you get irritated too?

Overall, Bad Blood is a good read. It delivers plenty of food for your imagination, new characters and new plot developments, but I won't be buying the next book. I'll borrow it from the library.

Blood Rights - 9.5/10

* * *
В целом, Плохая Кровь вышла совсем неплохой и уж гораздо лучше второй книги серии. Автор избавилась от нелепого любовного треугольника и внесла новые повороты в развитие сюжета.

Татьяна стала главой своего дома, Малькольм и Крисабель пытаются вернуть Кольцо Печалей, порученного на сохранение фэйри Нового Орлеана обратно в Парадайз-Сити. Крик занят тем, что помогает мэру  города подготовиться к беспорядкам на Хэллоуин, когда стена между двумя мирами обрушится. Док... Док в полной ж*пе как обычно.

Что меня огорчает, это то, что вместо ответов и полноценной концовки мы получаем больше вопросов и незавершённые линии сюжета. Я к сожалению это жутко не люблю. Поэтому вместо высокой оценки как в первой книге, Плохая Кровь  получит совершенно средненькую восьмёрку. Уж не обессудьте, но подчищать грязи в этой книге надо много.

8/10

Comments

  1. I TOTALLY agree with you about the loose ends thing. I absolutely HATE it when the middle books seem like chapters in the story rather than books in an of themselves. Some series that drove me CRAZY were Karen Marie Moning's Fever series as well as pretty much every book in the House of Night series by P.C and Kristin Cast...SO MANY CLIFF HANGERS! Maybe I'll wait for this series to be finished so I don't have to deal with the pain of waiting :) Thanks for the fab review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like all authors like to leave us hanging huh!? I plan to start this series soon I just got all 3 books so I hope I like it haha. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it wasn't as amazing as the first book. I have the first one in my TBR pile, and I need to read it but I'm now a little afraid for the others. I hope the fourth will improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed book one, but still need to read book two...i have heard a lot of mixed reviews on #2 and #3..all similar to your thoughts. Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, thanks for the review of this one. I've been curious about these books. I just haven't had time to go get them and start them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts