Blood Rights by Kristen Painter EARLY REVIEW

Blood Rights by Kristen Painter (House of Comarre #1)

Egalley thanks to Hachette Book Group (Orbit)


Synopsis from Goodreads
The lacy gold mapped her entire body. A finely-wrought filigree of stars, vines, flowers, butterflies, ancient symbols and words ran from her feet, up her legs, over her narrow waist, spanned her chest and finished down her arms to the tips of her fingers.

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle’s body bears the telltale marks of a comarré—a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world…and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.


Publication date: 1/10/2011
Buy from Book Depository
Buy from Amazon

* * *
My darling fellow readers, read this book. Buy it. Request it. Borrow from the library. Put it on your wishlist. Because it rocks!


Scrumptious and delicious - that's how I would describe it. 


The world is amazing, the characters are extra juicy. There are vampires, comarre, fae, demons, angels, hellspawn, shifters and everything in between. The shining world of Nobility where comar can be bought for 10-20 million euros by their vampire master, and the Underground with illegal fights, drugs and all sorts of debauchery for those who are on the Fringe.


Preternatural creatures live in this secret world separated by the Veil from normal people according to a treaty between angels and demons who keep this Veil up.

So what happens when one evil vampire's quest for destroying the Veil and gaining immense power and one beautiful comarre's search for justice collide? Pure delicious mayhem.


Chrysabelle is breathtaking with her strength, impatience,her changing view of the world and her amazing weaponry. She is one of the secret breed of Comarre who serve as the purest source of powerful blood for those vampires who can afford them. But she is not a victim.


Malkolm is fascinating as well. Cursed vampire with awful reputation and firmly on the Fringe. With his baggage of friends and enemies.


Those two have some powerful sparks flying between them, and the whole team of miscreants works really really well together.


Overall, I'm very impressed and excited about this series and I have to stop myself from more gushing so as not to give you any spoilers. 


* * *
Совершенно великолепная книга. Характеры, построение мира, экшн. Всё просто идеально. Зачитывалась.


Крисабель - комаррэ, брид полулюдей,созданный специально, чтобы давать кровь вампирам. Кровь комаррэ - самая чистая и могущественная в мире, и только вампиры Общества могут её себе позволить.


Когда кто-то убивает патрона Крисабель она спасается бегством и обращается за помощью к своей тётке, чтобы доказать свою невиновность.


Только вот Крисабель забрала с собой одно кольцо, которое ищет могущественный злобный вампир - Татьяна, что хочет с его помощью разрушить Вуаль - заклинание, что держит мир паранормального в секрете от людей.


Крисабель вынуждена просить помощи у одного из вампиров Фринджа - подпольного мира, где живут отбросы сверъестественного общества, и сюжет закручивается таким образом, что в скором времени ей помогает целая весёлая команда тёмных существ.


Сам вампир - Малькольм - ещё тот персонаж. Полудикий, могущественный, но страдающий от проклятья, наложенного на него Обществом. 


Крисабель шикарна с её силой, нетерпеливостью, резкостью, меняющимся взглядом на окружающий мир и своим холодным оружием. Оооо, её секретные кинжалы и мечи комаррэ чего только стоят! Они прямо как песня...


Автор описывает свою книгу как готическое городское фэнтэзи, и я с этой оценкой согласна полностью. ЧИТАЙТЕ! Оно того безусловно стоит.


9.5/10

Comments

  1. I was very curious about this book. Thanks for your review, if it's so great I will add it to my wishlist ! I really like the cover !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab review, I really enjoyed this one & am looking forward to reading the next 2 books :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sarah! I hope the next two books will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my TBR. Glad to hear your review encourages my eager anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Kara-Karina!

    This post caught my eye when I was commenting on your haul. I was led to it when I went to your review of the second book in the series. From there, I came to this one.

    I have read and reviewed this book myself, and I agree that it ROCKS!! The author has a very original take on vampires, and I like the various supernatural creatures she created, as well. In fact, her world-building is meticulously detailed, and very imaginative.

    Now that I've read your nice, and concise, review, I'm thinking that maybe mine has too many spoilers...so I might go ahead and revise it.

    I haven't read the other books in the series yet, but I sure plan to!

    Thanks for the great review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment, Maria! I totally agree - first book rocked. But I have to admit that since I've read two more books in the series I gave up on Painter. She chose not to develop the characters further but drag the plot down with pretty pointless love triangle and the whole shifting into a paranormal romance concentrating on angst and feelings instead of world and story development. It was a shame.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts