The Postman Knock #24

Alright, peeps! How is things with you?
I am still really really busy, but at least I've slept well this week. :)

Still no sign of spring here, and I am certainly fed up with the permanent winter, but at least  managed to have a great book haul this week again!

I'VE READ:

Really excellent reads all round! WOLF NIGHT was giggle worthy, funny and smart read. Don't let the cover put you off. It's excellent. THE QUEEN IS DEAD continued really strong urban fantasy/steampunk of the future series, which I'd recommend to any fan of Patricia Briggs with absolutely no reservations. EMILIE AND THE HOLLOW WORLD was a little bit on the younger side, more middle grade than YA fantasy, but still adventurous and lovely. At last, WICKED AS SHE WANTS I absolutely devoured, it was so delicious. Definitely, a recommended guilty pleasure. Oh my, it was hot! Caspar was something else...

I also want to draw your attention to a thought-provoking post from Karina Cooper on genre wars and somewhat echoing it post from Kimba The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

EGALLEY:

I can't believe this was on READ NOW on Netgalley!

FOR REVIEW:

I read Throne by Phil Tucker last year and really enjoyed it, so when he asked if I could review his vampire novel, I said yes straight away. Love this striking cover although the typography needs work. Thank you, Phil!

I was dying to read this after a gorgeous first book in the series, Blood Shadows.

BOUGHT:

It actually didn't cost me anything because I applied gift certificate to this. Nevertheless, this is a book I've wanted to read for ages.

Here you go, this is my lot. How was yours?

I will be away for most of May so if anyone: bloggers/authors/readers looking for a guest post, I'll be more than happy to accommodate!
Happy Sunday! Ciao!


Comments

  1. Very nice haul. I love seeing what people get every week in their hauls. Looks like you had a very good week.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Hot Blooded too, it looks good and I'm going to try the Kate Locke books. :)

    It's god you got sleep, that always a good thing. Where are you going in May?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep debating on whether to try out Amanda Carlson. Her book does look tempting.

    Blade Song was pretty good. I plan on reading the next book in the series soon as it looks like it will be even better.

    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot blooded was so good! Happy reading darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you were able to get Hot Blooded as well. I'm really looking forward to reading it. (I feel a little overloaded with YA reads recently so I'm going to focus on some more paranormal adult reads for April! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you got amazing books! Hot Blooded looks so awesome!

    Happy reading!
    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you that Emilie is a little young but I read it when I was ill and it was PERFECT. I think people forget kids just need a bit of adventure every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I also got Hot Blooded this week and cannot wait to get to it!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Grace! Thanks for commenting, sweetie. have a good week too!

    Bea, Portugal. I hope you enjoy Kate Locke. She certainly worked for me.

    misressofthedarkpath, good to know. I really want to try this author.

    D., thank you! I can' wait to dive in...

    Mel, go for it. I feel a bit overwhelmed if I only read YA, so I do it as random reads now. Can't read more than 2 YAs in a row.

    Ula, happy reading to you too!

    Ellie, it was really lovely. I actually enjoyed that it didn't have romance and all typical for YA angst. Emilie was a go and do it person.

    Thanks, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm..let me talk to an author I adore and see if we cannot put together a guest post for you in May :) will email you later this week if it looks good!
    Have a wonderful week and enjoy your new books!The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, I have a paperback copy of Hot Blooded on the way, otherwise I'd have already downloaded that beauty and read it. Rourke! Yum
    Delilah Dawson's series came highly recommended to me, I own the first book, but I haven't gotten around to reading it just yet. Hopefully I will soon.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Kimba! That will be absolutely fabulous!!! You have a wonderful week as well ;)

    Maja, honestly it's great series. I've really enjoyed both books. Hope you read them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arghh internet is slooooow, but as soon as it speeds up I will read that Cooper post :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. With each book I Ooo-ed some more. LOL! Great selection this week. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts