Erotic Romance Early Review: Lush by Lauren Dane

Lush by Lauren Dane (Delicious #3)


Egalley thanks to Berkley Trade

Synopsis from Goodreads
Mary Whaley has her hands full running a successful catering company and overseeing her supper club. She has everything she ever wanted—or so she thought. When she meets ridiculously hot and very dirty rock star Damien Hurley at her friend’s engagement party, the attraction she feels is overpowering—and she isn’t about to deny herself.

Damien is used to a hard and fast life. He and two of his brothers started a band when they were fresh out of high school—then they hit the big time and stayed there. He’s also a legendary madman on the stage and in the bedroom. But when he meets Mary, something clicks, and the bad boy starts thinking he may have finally found something good.

What begins as a series of fleeting trysts soon gets much more complicated. Damien can’t figure out why Mary doesn’t want more from him. And before long, it’s Damien who wants more from Mary. But it turns out Mary is no stranger to celebrity news, and he’s got a very big job ahead of him: proving that he’s worth more than a one-night stand…


Release Date: April 2nd 2013.

Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US | The Book Depository US/UK

7.5/10

* * *
 It's a very cutesy, sweet and hot book, my first forage in Lauren Dane's writing, and I just couldn't resist. This has two of my favourite tropes in romance and anything else - rock singers and chefs. I kid you not. I love reading books and watching movies about chefs or anyone with a guitar and a sexy voice. Bring it on! :) 


The plot is very straightforward and would have led to a nice uncomplicated relationship which forced the author to introduce some drama to make it all more exciting for us. Frankly I don't like reading about overreacting emotional female jerkiness as much as male one, and this is partly why I lowered my rating. 

No matter what something looks like you give a chance to a person you love to explain, you don't just walk away, because believe me, not anyone will run after you to try and explain. Some will be too proud to bother. So Mary should have come off her high horse.

I also did not appreciate her overbearing friend who was meddling in her relationship...

Otherwise, Damien was a sweetheart, well worth holding onto like a bloody national treasure, and she should have recognised that :)

This was all just a tiny rant, which doesn't mean I didn't enjoy this lovely book, I was just grumpy and not appreciative of heroine's inability to accept something wonderful in her life with a simple thank you.

Recommended.


* * *
Милый такой романчик на чёрный день, когда всё кажется депрессивным и хочется отвлечься от реальности.

Я не смогла отказаться от прочтения этой книги потом, что люблю всё где главные герои то шеф-повары, то рок-музыканты, а тут можно было убить двух зайцев одним махом так сказать... :)

В общем, всё развивалось между главными героями просто замечательно, но автор решила, что без драмы никак нельзя и вместо внешних угроз типа столкеров или ревнивых экс-бойфрендов психов привнесла кофликт внутренний, то есть высосанный из пальца.

То есть, мы получили большое недопонимание и предположения, основанные на фотографии от папарацци и безумно раздражающую, изнывающую от зависти и сующую нос не в своё дело подружку, - из за чего оценка книги значительно у меня упала, ибо я очень не люблю такие ситуации.

А в общем, читать можно по причинам, указанным в первом абзаце, но с некоторыми возвражениями.

Comments

  1. I am soooo looking forward to this one. I read Tart back in the fall and loved it. I've even inducted Cal and Gideon into my fantasy harem. You should give Tart a try. You might like it even more so than Lush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could get down with rock and some good romance. Glad you enjoyed.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and sweet? Isn't this erotica?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blodeuedd, nope :) Technically erotic ROMANCE can be cute and sweet like normal romance just smuttier ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though this is erotica, I would love to read it. Like you, I have a weakness for chefs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kamla, oh I do intend to read Tart! :) It's just so damn expensive it will have to wait until I can afford it.

    It was pretty cool, Brandi! ;)

    Aurian, exactly! Nothing sexier that all that lovely delicious food that they keep making... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello yummy book..I love chef and rocker characters too. So you didn't read book 1 or 2 and this totally was fine? Cause I love the sound of this for a great escape between my dystopians?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts