The Postman Knock #22

Overall, another fab week!

I've READ:
I pretty much gorged myself on SHADOW OF NIGHT! It took me another two weeks to read it, but it was such a rich, gorgeous and intricate history fest... LOVED IT! On the other side, I found A CONSPIRACY OF ALCHEMISTS a pretty disappointing read, and I'll tell you why tomorrow. TEMPTING THE BRIDE left me underwhelmed too :( Usually I expect more from Thomas's writing.

I admit that it was also a pretty intense week, so yesterday I did some major unwinding with some pretty wicked books as in went on a proper reading binge and shut off the internet :)

All were absolutely amazing books, and I felt pretty happy after finishing my reading marathon just after midnight...

FROM THE LIBRARY:


EGALLEYS:

Thank you, publishers/authors on Edelweiss and Netgalley!
 I'll be reading Beyond Control, which is an erotic dystopian (I loved book Beyond Shame, book #1), and Seven Kinds of Hell next as they are released this month. However I am most excited by The Age of Ice as it's about 18th century Russia, and Lexicon, because Max Barry always makes you think.

FOR REVIEW:

Thank you, Tracey!

BOUGHT:

Another kindle bargain from my long-suffering wishlist reduced to £0.99!


Pre-order that came in just in time!

This is it. Obligatory Sunday video to follow.
Enjoy!

I love electronics in this video. So catchy!

Comments

  1. I got Frost Burned too but need to remind myself where the series was going. They should supply cheat sheets with series books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Frost Burned but for some reason I never pre-ordered it (major oversight on my behalf)!! So if it's not in my local waterstones today, I will order it online later...Love some Mercy action! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very nice haul! I ended up falling out of the Mercy Thompson books, didn't mean to but with the last one not getting such stellar reviews I never read it. Oh well. Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie, it was pretty easy to follow, so I don't think you have an issue!

    Mel, it was pretty good, and I enjoyed meeting old characters as I did miss them...

    Jessica, thank you! hope you'll manage to pick up this series again. It's pretty decent, and it would be a shame to miss the rest of the book because of one average one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ghost Bride has an amazing cover! Lovely books, happy reading!

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ula, have you read the synopsis? It sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book Binges are wonderful! I can't wait to hear what you thought of Frost Burned and Death's Rival.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My aunt bought me River Marked (without getting me the first 4 books) and I still haven't read them.

    Is this series really good? I've been debating whether to order Fever series or Mercy Thompson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was a good week for Frost pre.orders ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy you loved Shadow of Night as much as I did, awesome haul this week! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of wonderful books! I've received your book this weekend, thank you so much! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bea, Death's Rival was freaking awesome!! Frost Burned was better than Mercy's previous book, but still not up to speed :)

    Zemira, it has good and bad books but mostly it's very good. However Fever series is more intense. I'd read them first of I were you.

    Blodeuedd, yes it was! *grinning*

    Kimba, one of the best series for me this year! Adored it!

    D., I am so glad it arrived safely! I'm still waiting for mine...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Kara!

    I meant to come over and comment on this post last week, then I never did...so now I'm here! (Better late than never, right?)

    You know, I've read comments on other blogs regarding "A Conspiracy of Alchemists". A lot of them were negative, and of those, the common complaint was that the book was 'disappointing'. Gee, and I was SO looking forward to reading that one...maybe I still will, if I win it in a giveaway I entered yesterday.

    Of the other books you have here, the only one I've seen is "Poison Princess". I can't wait to read that one!

    So sorry you found "Tempting The Bride" disappointing as well. From the cover, you would think it would be good, I think!

    I will investigate the others further. Right off the bat, I'm attracted to "Shadow of Night" and "Frost Burned" (with Patricia Briggs, you can't go wrong, right?).

    Thanks for sharing, and Happy Reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts