IMM #13 and the Winner of Geek Girl!

It's getting chilly out here, and my mom in Russia just told me that the temperature there dropped to -10C *shuddering* Give me wet and mild English winter any day! I hope you are all staying warm and cosy :)

Here is what I've got in my mailbox...

Bought

___________________________________________________
I said it before and I'll say it again. Don't get put off by bad covers for D.B. Reynolds' books. They are in fact excellent PNR/UF. I also couldn't resist Touch. Interesting how aliens suddenly became trendy in YA. I'm sure we'll see a lot more of them next year.

Won

Thank you, Book Chick City! I've read this book before as an egalley and wanted to have my own copy. 

Borrowed

Thanks to my friend, I've read Dmitri's book at last! Nalini is wonderful as usual. I really need to read her other series...

Freebies

Death's Hand - get yours!

So, what's in your mailbox, ladies and gents?

A nice song to wake you lot up :)
Now, the winner of Geek Girl by Cindy C Bennett...
Stephanie Parent!
Stephanie, I've emailed you and you have 48 hours to reply. After that I will have to choose another winner.
The winner was chosen with the help of Random Name Generator from We Fancy Books. If you contact them they will send you one too!
Thanks to everyone who've replied. I had so much fun with your Geek movie selection :)
If you haven't won don't forget that there are still 2 giveaways going:
Happy Sunday!

Comments

  1. Ugh... that is WAY too cold! It's been in the 50-60F here and I'm freezing. Such a baby, I know. I'd like to read Touch, hopefully I can get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extremely curious about Touch! I think it sounds amazing. I wanna give it a try quite badly! Hope I can get to it soooon. Great IMM!

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing we don't live in Russia, eh?
    But seriously, I find myself constantly complaining about the cold these days and temps are now around 0 degrees. I'm not made for thse kind of temps ... then of course I will also complain if temps climb over 30 degrees *lol*.

    Good to see you got the SM Reine book. I already bought it a while ago as I loved her previous YA novels so much and I was curious about her first adult. She sure can write, so I'm curious how you'll like it. I haven't had time to read it so far, but plan to do so in December!

    My own IMM post will be up in the afternoon and I think you might once again tell me to drop everything to read the books ... all at once, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely feel warmer and more awake now! :-)
    Great books - you seem lucky on the winning front recently!! I'm managing to stick with my book buying ban at the moment - just!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But of course, I'll be winning the 300 followers giveaway.. right? ;)

    I still don't think aliens are my thing but Cicada was fantastic. And *high five* for awesome looking freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to read Nalini Singh's psy/changeling series if you liked Dimitri's story the series is fantatsic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to find some time to get to Dimitri's book and I've heard a lot of great things about Touch.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh nice! Death's Hand looks pretty interesting! Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cat, I know! I've been bitching about how her covers don't do the books any justice, but unfortunately all covers of this publisher are like this. It's like they are blind and deaf. Such a pity. Their sales would be so much better otherwise :)

    Lesley, I know! It's just there are so many books, and I'm afraid to start. It's a huge task :)

    Hannah, LOL. Have you been a good girl? Maybe Santa will let you win. Did you ask him? *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to read Touch, just haven't gotten around to lately. So many books, so little time *sigh*

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Archangel's Blade!!!! I loved Dimitri's book, I wasn't sure I was going to like him based on the first book in the series, but I adored him. I've heard Touch is really amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard good things about Touch! I hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome books! I've heard so many good things about Touch. I love Nalini Singh and I have Archangel's Blade but hasn't gotten around to read it.
    I hope you enjoy all of these books. Happy Reading!

    Dea
    Teen Readers’ Diary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooohhhhhh, you have such cool books this week, K!! I've only heard the most amazing things about Touch, and Avenger's Angel looks like such an awesome read! I'm a total angel fan, so you can definitely count me in! ;)

    Awesome mailbox this week, K! I hope you love all of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read Touch!!!!!!

    Check out my IMM! I just started my blog so it is my very first one!
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-meme-hosted-by-story-siren-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great IMM! I am so dying to read Touch!! Happy reading!

    A new follower! :D

    Please check out my IMM too!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooh, Nalini Singh...I've been hearing great things about her books! I haven't had the pleasure yet, but she is definitely on my TBR list!

    Thanks for the tip on D.B. Reynolds! I haven't heard of this author but will definitely check into it.

    Thanks for stopping by and checking out my mailbox!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-november-27-2011.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts