Forever by Maggie Stiefvater review

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)

from the library


Synopsis from Goodreads
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Buy from Amazon
Buy from The Book Depository



* * *
Another series came to an end, which made me feel a little sad.


I loved Maggie's writing as usual. It's poetic, compelling, magical. But the end left me disappointed. There is no grand conclusion, - it's just THE END, and I desperately wanted the trilogy wrapped up nicely.


However, I absolutely loved the book. It's full of intensity and sadness, a sense of inevitable about to happen. Cole & Isabel are breathtaking, Sam & Grace are comfortably bittersweet. 


The scene which keeps playing in my mind is Sam and Cole saving Grace from the pit. It was so well written, so gripping.


Overall, I very much enjoyed this book despite the uncertain ending, and plan to read all the other works by Maggie.


* * *
Грустно, что завершилась такая лиричная и красивая трилогия. 

Концовка какая-то вышла неловкая, как-то всё закончилось внезапно без какого-либо заключения. Однако сам стиль автора от этого совершенно не страдает.


В Forever помимо горько-сладких отношений Сэма и Грэйс очень интересно было наблюдать за Коулом и Изабель. Я бы сказала, интереснее, чем за первой парой.


В книге много фатализма и ярких отчаянных моментов, как например когда Сэм и Коул спасают Грэйс.


Как обычно, было очень красиво, и несмотря на неудачную концовку, я ещё больше убедилась в том, что все остальные книги Мэгги читать надо обязательно.


8.5/10

Comments

  1. I felt the same way - it was left way too open there was no closure At all. Other than that though I still enjoyed it. Especially being with them in their wolf form that was very cool!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide whether or not to read books 2 and 3 of this trilogy. I thought Shiver worked wonderfully as a standlone read and don't want to be let down! I might try her fey books first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giselle, that's the good thing about Maggie. She writes so well that even if you don't agree with the direction she is taking us you still keep reading because she is just that good :)

    Ellie, please do read the rest! The writing is so beautiful you'll enjoy them! And I'm reading her fey books soon as well, and The Scorpio Races too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the ending was left wide open for personal interpretation. Somehow I was fine with me, I think because I imagine everything turns out well and I believe in a good future for them. But I would have liked to see more of a wrap up to Cole and Isabel's story in particular. I really liked them as a couple!

    Great review! :)

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts