The Postman Knock #16

We had a bloody blizzard Friday night! Blizzard. In England. Unheard of.
 Because my hubby is such a good driver he managed to pick me up from work and drive through all the broken down and abandoned cars on the roads.
It was like snowpocalypse...
totally awesome.
I just wish I had my camera with me.
I've READ:

A NATURAL HISTORY OF DRAGONS was lovely, but I believe it won't be to everyone's taste. It's a very peculiar, sad and bookish memoir depicting first journey of lady Trent, which I thoroughly enjoyed. COLD FIRE was simply EPIC. Stronger than the first book. The stakes were impossibly high, the evil done to main heroine demanded vengeance, and cold fire of fury was truly what she felt in the end. I adored this book. WATERLOCKED and ETHAN I can't say I loved, because me and novellas don't work well together, but I liked them both very much. SELLING OUT was mad and suffered from too many infodumps. I had to skim through some descriptions. However it's so bizarre and rich and you don't know where it all goes... it compells me to pick up the next book. At last, SEALED WITH A CURSE wasn't for me sadly. I just don't like that particular "all over the place/high on drama" style of writing and I couldn't connect with the main characters.

EGALLEY:

Unfortunately I have to wait at least until June to read it, because it's published in August, but boy did I want it bad or what? Thank you, Random House!

FOR REVIEW: 

Thanks to Bella Forrest and Susan Illene!

This week I'm hosting Samantha Durante who talks about 5 Signs of Dystopia and gives away a copy of her YA dystopian, Stitch. Come and check her out! (INT)

I also keep begging authors and bloggers to sign up for My Antihero Valentine Blog Hop, because there are only three of us so far :)     
   Pretty please?
This is it.
 Happy Sunday!


                  

Comments

  1. Aww, so sorry Sealed With A Curse wasn't for you. I found the high stakes writing made it different from other UF books.
    I kinda lost my reading mojo this week and need to get it back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuu, Darkness Haunts looks pretty awesome! Great haul.

    Enjoy your books! :)
    My haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent sounds so good! And the cover is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petra, I really think you would like this book too! :) and thank you so much, sweetie, for joining the hop! *hugs*

    Ula, it's supposed to be urban fantasy so I hope I like it. The author is a sweetheart and loves Kate Daniels, so fingers crossed :)

    Mel, I found your reading mojo and posted it to you. I think the post was delayed because of the snow, damn it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I am thinking I need to get Sealed with a Curse myself! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can get away with reading a book super early if you write the review straight away and put it somewhere safe. I read Yonahlossee before Christmas and it's not out until June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I know myself, Ellie... It's highly likely I won't be able to review this one straight away if I read it now, so I'm waiting for a bit longer until I do. But I have a plan! :) I'm reading the longest fantasy books right now so I can catch up on my reviewing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw shucks, I was looking forward to reading Waterlocked. I'm awfully curious about A Fatal Likeness, though. :) Lovely haul, dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it WAS very good, Joy! I just don't do well with novellas in general - they are just never enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad about Selling Out - the cover and title really grabs your attention. Love that A Fatal Likeness cove too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's still great series, Karen. I will continue reading it, it was just too much information at times. i couldn't cope ;) but I still recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am curious about a Fatal Likeness and look forward to your thoughts..have a wonderful weekend!
    The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry sealed with a curse wasn't for you... Happy reading for your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good haul, I haven't heard of any of your books which means I will have to check them out.

    In reply to your post on my blog, yes The Next Forever is from Entangled, it's an I between book, Pretty Amy is before it and Dear Cassie is next

    ReplyDelete
  15. Remind me to mention the bloghop in my next sunday post, arrghh my brain is bad

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really should get around to Kate Elliott this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you did a lot of reading! A blizzard? Not fun no matter where you live, though I enjoy the occasional snow day that results.

    I'll check out your blog hop, see if it's one I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have decided over the last few weeks that snowapocalypse would be the worst kind of apocalypse - months on end wearing fifteen layers and ugly boots, ugh!

    YAY for A Fatal Likeness, I've been eyeing that one for a long time!

    Enjoy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you rock the books. :) Hope you have a great week this week too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts