The Postman Knock #14


How is everyone? Yesterday I was really lazy as the whole week was hard on me. One in three weeks I do early shifts at work which is 7am till 3pm. That means waking up at 5am and feeling totally shattered after I finish my shift. I am a night owl, I don't do mornings. So yes, I was mostly socially comatose this week, so please forgive me for not replying to your comments or looking through your blogs. *groveling*

I READ:

AND ALL THE STARS was gorgeous. Instead of complicated world-building it concentrated on friendship and character development and despite the book rough look I enjoyed it immensely. DANCE OF SHADOWS left me cold and extremely annoyed. You'll have to wait for my review to see why. EON made me so so excited, it was fabulous and epic! If you loved Stormdancer I have no doubts you will love this one too, although I couldn't understand why it took so long for Eona to realise what was her problem. It was obvious from the beginning. STRIPPED was alright but in the end disappointed me with its absolutely ridiculous plot development. At last, I devoured COLD MAGIC in one evening feeling completely engrossed in Cat's adventures. I just reserved book #2 from the library as well. Great fantasy series!

I received lovely handmade bunch of gifts from my best friend in Russia. She is extremely talented, artistic, fabulous and I love her to bits. Just look at that!

A pillowcase, a pair of socks, gloves for Alex and a necklace - all made by her. I love her prezzies!

I BOUGHT:

Still £0.99 on Amazon kindle UK. Another one I can cross off my wishlist. I couldn't afford it before for whopping £9.99 for an e-book.

FREE on Amazon UK/US. I loved And All The Stars by this author and immediately put the rest of her books on my wishlist!

I BORROWED from the library:

I already said that Cold Magic was fab. Keeping It Real is a mix of sci-fi and UF, that I am enjoying reading right now.

From NETGALLEY:

I still haven't had a chance to read Tart but the covers for both books are so delicious I could not resist requesting this one straight away. That's some fabulous marketing, folks! I think I'm reading this one next... *wink*

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend! Enjoy!


Comments

  1. You've managed to read a couple of books I've been meaning to pick for ages this week - Eon and Cold Magic! Both books are currently somewhere in my TBR pile...although I'm not exactly sure where at the moment. Sounds like I should dig them both out though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance of Shadows in on my review pile...I'm not sure if I want to know what annoyed you before I starte reading. I do like ballet and the story of the Firebird...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful gifts! You had some nice books, I'll have to keep an eye on your reviews. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ socially comatose! Early mornings should be banned.

    The cover of Hidden Things is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh very nice! The necklace is really pretty! Love jewelry too!

    The books are all new to me but I hope you enjoy every single one of them!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have EON sitting on my nightstand staring me down, and it's a library loan, so I need to get on it! I also have And All the Stars on my Kindle, which I consistently hear great things about, glad to hear you also agree! And I'm definitely interested in Cold Magic! Awesome books for you, Karina!

    Your handmade gifts are lovely! What a good friend you have:)

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you, I hate morning to I opted for the 9 Am shift at work every day and get up at 8 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Canadian e-books are ridiculously priced as well, most new releases are $11.99 - $14.99 and the actual book would be $19.99, so it's rough to justify. I get e-books from the library, which of course I have to return, but at least it saves me some cash! :) xo leanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. *hugs* for early shifts. I know the feeling, although my shift doesn't start till 8.15 I get to work for 7.30 and finish 4.15.
    Great haul and Keeping It real sounds like a good read, I will definitely have to check this one out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVED Eon and And All the Stars, so I can't wait to see what you think! Happy Reading!(:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul! I got Stray a while back myself, I think I'm gonna like it :)

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really nice hall! Dance of Shadows, Eon, Cold Magic, and Hidden Things are on my TBR/wish list. But Lush is what really has me drooling. I read Tart back in November and LOVED IT!! I usually stick with Historical and Paranormal Romances but picked it up when I got into Lauren Dane's Bound by Magick series. Tart was my first menage and I wasn't really sure what to expect. But it was so romantic and had such a great cast of characters that it turned out to be one of my top reads for the year. Lush is definitely on my fiending list. Looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to your thoughts on Lush, and I need to see what reviews I missed this week, I have been a rather bad followers. Your friend made some lovely things. Hope you have a delightfully bookish week! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh Cold Magic sounds like something I could use right about now. :) Lovely haul, K. Looking forward to your review of EON.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Dance of Shadows coming up for review shortly. Next book, I think. I'm scared because everyone has hated it. Looking forward to seeing your review though. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  16. I played lazy over the weekend after cleaning was done. But I didn't accomplish as much as you do in books. ;) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts