If you found this content anywhere else apart from http://nocturnalbookreviews.blogspot.com/ it's being used by a content scraper. Please consider using the link above and subscribing to my blog Nocturnal Book Reviews directly. Thank you!


TO COMMENT ON A POST PLEASE JUST PRESS THE POST TITLE. THANK YOU!

I'm using IntenseDebate which doesn't show up if you browse home page. The comments are visible on individual posts.


My Top 10 Fairytale Movies

Man, Mondays are dead traffic-wise anyway, so I just thought I'd do something for fun...

Here is some of the best fairytale movies I've ever watched. You tell me if you agree or disagree with me and recommend something you love, okay?
 1.
There was no question that I'd include one of the most EPIC films in history of cinematography into this list.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.


2.
I generally don't like Drew Barrymore, but she is absolutely adorable in this movie. One of the best Cinderella's I've ever seen. Plus the prince is delicious ;)


She was such a firecracker, that Danielle! Saving herself and the prince all the time. I love it!


3.
Oh, Labyrinth, how I loved thee. When you are a kid you don't notice the wtfckery and the overabundance of phallic symbols, right?


4.
O_o, first time I saw Tom Cruise if I remembered correctly. I adored that movie and re-watched it many many times. And how dark was princess Lily in there? I used to dance to her dance when she is seduced by darkness and her own lust :) She was amazing! It's dark, it's twisted, it's sinister and it's very sensual.

Lily's dance is my favorite part, right? But did you know that US version is almost half an hour shorter than European and soundtrack is not the same? I only found out myself because I couldn't find the melody I wanted. Obviously I grew up on European version with gorgeous soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith. US version is by Tangerine Dreams, and I'm sorry, but to me it sounds lame. Anyway, here is the "right" music for you ;)


5.
What a movie! It absolutely blew me away. We were in the cinema watching it in Spanish with subtitles and all I could hear in the end is all the gals sobbing (me including). You can either look at it as an imaginary world of a little girl surrounded by atrocities or as a real escape. Depending on your view you'll either cry or be happy for her...


6.
Another gorgeous movie! And it's filmed in Brighton where I used to live ;) Tell me you've seen it!


7.
Did you think I forgot? :) Of course not. It's an awesome movie with fabulous characters and imaginery.


8.
I love this movie so freaking much! Best thing Jim Carey has ever done. Also the colours are so lush AND I want all Violet's dresses!


9.
One of the most adorable and heartwarming movies I've ever watched.


10.
The crazy and genius adaptation by Tim Burton. I couldn't resist ending my list with it...


What do you think? Any favorites? Anything you would recommend?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

GFC Followers

If you are a GFC follower please resubscribe by any other method to all the blogs you follow in such way. It is getting discontinued in 2016. You will lose all the blogs you follow gradually so you might not even notice it straightaway.


Subscribe with Feedly

Subscribe with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

networked blogs

Linky Followers

Facebook Page

Karina on goodreads

Victoria on Goodreads

Subscribe by Email

Victoria on TWITTER

FeedCount

FEEDCOUNT

Followers via Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

BLOG ARCHIVE

grab our button

Search

Loading...

KARINA IS READING

READING

The Night Circus
Legacy
Gabriel's Inferno
Touch

goodreads.com

Vika is reading

Victoria Reading

The Fault in Our Stars
Spin

goodreads.com

In case of zombie apocalypse

Hey, guys! I feel like I should say this just in case :)
If you'd like to sponsor a fellow book addict who sometimes can't sleep at night worrying that she won't have enough books to read if internet goes down in the event of zombie apocalypse (I'm convinced it's one of the top five ways to go for human race) you can donate through Paypal to olivesandacorns at gmail dot com or buy a book through any of the links provided with my reviews which will send me a small percentage from the sale. All proceeds will go towards my enormous TBR. I will also shelter you on the remote farm in Portugal when zombie apocalypse starts provided you survive getting there. There will be books, yay?
Thank you! Love you all

Book Blogger Directory

Netgalley

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Stats since May 2011

ONLINE GAME TO END HUNGER

Online game to end hunger