The Postman Knock #13


This week I READ:


THAT WHICH BITES was recommended to me ages ago by a friend. OMG, it's shockingly good urban fantasy! Brutal, fast, furious and very raw. Reminded me a bit of  Angelfall by Susan Ee. Of course as soon as I finished that one I went and bought the rest of the series. DEAD SURROUND is book #2 and just as awesome. ARCHANGEL'S STORM was lovely. As soon as Nalini stopped writing about the same old Elena and Raphael her writing greatly improved. So far after Angel's Blood, this is the book I've enjoyed the most. THE POISON DIARIES just wasn't for me. However I think peeps who love Marcus Sedgwick will appreciate this type of writing as well.  PILGRIM OF THE SKY surprised me with lavish world descriptions and beautiful clothes Maddie had to wear. I was positively drooling. Great, unusual mystical multiverse novel, although slightly messy. I've enjoyed it though. UNTIMED was simply wonderful. I don't know why I am surprised. Andy is a very talented author, and this novel is brimming with adventure, time travel and fun teenage delinquents. At last, ASHES OF HONOR turned out to be simply awesome like everything Seanan does. Epic level of awesome, peeps.

BOUGHT:


WON:

Thank you, Candace!

EGALLEYS:

You might have realised already that I worship Taylor Stevens. Her books keep ending in my Best of 2011/2012 lists because she is that awesome. So when I saw The Doll, her third book on Netgalley I HAD to request it. It's not released until June so it will be a long wait for the review.
On the other hand, Earth Thirst is released next week and it's about environmental vampire-warriors. Of course I had to read it!

FOR REVIEW:

Thank you, Bloomsbury!

That's it. Have a nice Sunday!

Comments

  1. Great week :D

    Awww ashes, Tybalt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read anything by seanan mc guire, what genre of book it's?
    I should get stealing Parker ( i've entered a sport romance challenge^^;;) but i haven't gotten catching jordan yet

    good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a great week! Environmental vampire-warrirors? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE ashes of honor, well love the October daye series so it's not too difficult lol. I'm just so late for posting my reviews...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul this week, I haven't read anything by Seanen McGuire so I will have to check her out. I have Dance of Shadows waiting to be read.

    Check out my haul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blodeuedd, I know - he was so sweet and gorgeous... but he always had been my favorite!

    Miki, it's fae urban fantasy, and it's really really good. I hope you read it! I think Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker might still be reduced in price on kindle, but maybe not in France.

    Kat, that's what hooked me! I thoght I've heard everything apart from that. :)

    Dehlia, I'm a month behind myself. SO so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, try her - she is such an amazing urban fantasy writer. She also wrote Newsflesh trilogy as Mira Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul, so many great books I've never heard of. I have to check them out immediately :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOO, which ones, Ula? I'm always interested in peeps discovering new authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh nice! These are all new to me but I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've ordered a pile of Seanan books :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stealing Parker is really good! And that's the only book you got that I've read, so I hope you enjoy it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ellie, first two books are a bit shaky, but you hit the third and OMG, no words. It's more and more awesome from third one onwards!

    Tabitha, I really enjoyed Catching Jordan so I hope to do the same with Stealing Parker :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok the Doll looks so creepy, read that next! (hehehe) looking forward to your review! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's about human trafficking, Kimba. Taylor always has awesome edgy topic in her books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, Miranda Kenneally. <3

    I've never heard of Taylor Stevens....Guess I should look into those.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great set of books you've got this week, K. I'm envious that you're ploughing through your TBR like a woman on a mission! I'm going to take a page out of your book and will try my best to catch up with you. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts