Meringue cake recipe by popular demand!

A few of you asked me about the cake so I'm going to share the recipe here... It's very popular in Russia. :)

Sponge base:
 5 eggs
250g sugar
250g flour

Whisk the eggs, add sugar bit by bit until the mass is thick. Warm up the oven at 180-190C. Add flour to the mass bit by bit. Pour into the form. Bake 10min at 180-190C, then 25-30min at 160-170C. Don't open the door until the end otherwise the base will fall.
Cool it down. Cut in half.

Meringues:
5 egg whites
250g sugar/some of it vanilla sugar

Whisk the eggs until the mass is thick and white, slowly add sugar. The mass should stick to the spoon when it's turned upside down. Warm up the oven at 120C. Put small round meringues on to the tray and bang them into the oven. Bake at 120C for 1.5 hr. Leave to cool down in the oven.

Cream:
500ml double cream
125g sugar

Whisk them together until the mass is thick and creamy.

Make layers of cake: sponge-cream-meringues-cream-sponge-cream-meringues-cream. Sprinkle some melted baking chocolate on the top(optional) and leave it in the fridge overnight.
Enjoy!

P.S. Please don't ask me to give you measurements in lbs and temperature in F, I've been living in UK for 8 years and still can't do it.

Comments

  1. Oh didn't know this one, but it looks interesting, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I've copied it down but I think with my very basic skills I might need to work up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I'll try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Попробуй, София! Я постоянно что-то делаю не так с безе, но даже если они осядут или сломаются - это не важно. В самом торте всё пойдёт. Всё остальное очень просто. :)

    Dehlia and Blodeuedd, it's very yummy and light. I love it!

    Lesley, the only difficult part is meringues, everything else is really easy. I hope you try it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do NOT cook, but that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing! :) And metric system is better anyway! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks delicious, and does not sound too difficult, only a few ingredients, I should be able to do that.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts