Urban Fantasy Review: One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire

One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire (October Daye #5)

bought

Synopsis from Goodreads
October "Toby" Daye is settling into her new role as Countess of Goldengreen. She's actually dating again, and she's taken on Quentin as her squire. So, of course, it's time for things to take a turn for the worse.

Someone has kidnapped the sons of
the regent of the Undersea Duchy of Saltmist. To prevent a war between land and sea, Toby must find the missing boys and prove the Queen of the Mists was not behind their abduction. Toby's search will take her from the streets of San Francisco to the lands beneath the waves, and her deadline is firm: she must find the boys in three days' time, or all of the Mists will pay the price. But someone is determined to stop her-and whoever it is isn't playing by Oberon's Laws...

 
Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US | The Book Depository US/UK

9/10

* * *
 Seanan McGuire ripped poor Toby apart again. She just doesn't give her even a moment of respite. What an intense, gripping and fantastic read!



Toby nearly died in last book, and here she is again, thrown into an attempt to stop the war between Land fae and Undersea folks, because the sons of Duchess of Saltmist are kidnapped.

October and her friends have only three days to solve the case, and Toby works almost non-stop especially when her own daughter gets involved and the stakes in this dangerous game skyrocket...

Oh My God, people! My heart just couldn't bear the tension! Poor Toby, poor parents, unbelievably tough choices and tragic losses. Very dark, bitter ending of the book. 

October Daye has come a very long way and evolved so much from a simple changeling detective in the beginning to a powerful, ruthless player. I can not wait to read Ashes of Honor and see what comes next.

Hugely recommend this series! First two books are a bit shaky, but from the 3rd onwards it's pure awesomeness.

* * *
Офигительно написано!

Я очень люблю стиль этих серий у Шинан МакГвайер, - жёстко, динамично и безумно увлекательно. Да, первые 2 книги серии довольно слабы, но с третьей начинается такая жесть, что читать нужно обязательно.

Тоби очень сильно изменилась за последние 3 книги из слабенькой полукровки в сильного противника, с которым необходимо считаться. Она окружена могущественными друзьями и врагами, и как раз в этой книге один из её старых врагов пытается развязать войну между эльфийским двором Туманов и Подморьем, похитив двух сыновей герцогини Солтмист. 

Морская ведьма Лушак призывает Тоби к себе и напоминает, что она у неё в долгу, и теперь этот долг необходимо выплатить, найдя детей Солтмист.

Ставки повышаются до невозможности, когда исчезает собственная дочь Тоби, и у неё есть только 3 дня, чтобы найти троих детей.

Очень горькая, сильная книга, мучительные выборы, большие потери и жертвы, Тоби изо всех сил помогают её друзья - Тибальт, Коннор, Квентин, Мэй, Лушак и Дэнни, но даже этого может оказаться недостаточно, чтобы предотвратить катастрофу...

Читайте! Эту серию любителям городского фэнтэзи никак пропускать нельзя.

Comments

  1. Love this series :D I have the next nook but I have not read it yet, I am afraid it will be too good and then the wait until the next will be so long

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series..i am a book or two behind :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAAAH! I'm so glad you loved this book, it was awesome, I love this series I love this book and I love your review. yeah I know I love a lot of things lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I need to read her McGuire stuff. I have a big Mira Grant-shaped hole in my life, and I was hoping these would be awesome too! I don't think I could love them as much as Newsflesh, but I need her sarcasm in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts