Book Buying Ban week#14 and The Postman Knock #7

Hello, me dears! We are BACK!!!
London was a-freaking-mazing, really tiring and exhilarating. I'll do a separate post about it, but at the moment I have no strength left.

First of all, HOLY SHIT I've been quoted. I saw this on Friday, and it absolutely made my day :)
Congrats to Hannah from Once Upon A Time and Liz from Planet Print as well!

Secondly, I READ some fabulous books this week:


My reviews for THE RIFT WALKER and ONE SALT SEA are already up, you know how much I adored these books. THE PRINCE... If you follow me on Twitter you might have seen my reaction full of profanities when I finished reading it. I was absolutely gobsmacked! What an ending! SLATED turned out to be an excellent, well-thought through dystopian YA, while AFTERLIFE and VAMPLAYERS were really enjoyable reads.

DNF:

I've read 1/3 of this book, didn't get any character or plot development and decided it was not worth my time. Regretfully, DNF.

TOTAL:
32 books (1 for review)


Ha! I went to Forbidden Planet when I was in London. OMG, what an amazing shop! Superb choice of sci-fi and fantasy, although their YA selection is abysmal comparing to Waterstone's.

As a result I went on a shopping spree (the prices were really really decent, I was so surprised)...


Romeo Spikes was signed and reduced. Most of the books were on sale actually.
Tracey Sinclair, an author of Dark Dates, who we've spent a fab evening with, was kind enough to give me her signed book as well.
 I'm sorry, Tracey, of getting increasingly tipsy on my three glasses of wine. I am a lightweight, but I hope we had a great time!

Phew, this is it.
Happy Sunday, everyone!

I'm leaving you with an amazing Bollywood video. If this doesn't lift your spirit, I don't know what will!

Comments

  1. Man, it gets me every time! Your cat looks just like mine, and I think, darn he's getting pretty popular to show up on book blogs now! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the feeling your BBB only works when you stay home. Without internet connection. Tied to a chair. Hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you loved your visit to London! I could live in Forbidden Planet - if they had a coffee shop there...great haul and makes me feel better that my first week of BBB wasn't too bad! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh- I LOVE Forbidden Planet, I end up spending hours in there :D
    Congratulations on being quoted- that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh congrats on your quote! That's so cool!

    I really need to read Slated soon, I've heard really good things about it.

    Enjoy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's great that you've been quoted! :) It must be a great feeling! :)
    I didn't know about Forbidden Planet before, but I'm going to London in two weeks, so thanks for mentioning it! :)
    An Evil Guest sounds great. And lovely cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh congrats darling, I'm so happy for your quote! I agree one salt sea was so awesome! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that movie. congrats on the quote

    ReplyDelete
  9. *FURTHER SQUEEING!!*

    I really want to pick up the Rift Walkers but they're just so darn expensive over here. Saying that I haven't checked the library OR any where aside from Amazon so you never know.

    I haven't seen any of those books you bought before but they look fab! You will be reviewing them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so going to have to get myself a paper copy of Throne of Glass with you and Hannah quoted in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice. I love seeing when people get quoted. Great haul of books this week.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's always super fun finding you've been quoted, congrats!! Great book haul this week too and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your london trip :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy book shopping spree..how exciting and ooh I look forward to the reviews. I love the pic of you in London and immediately thought of Doctor Who!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so freaking awesome, K! I'm so excited for you!!! This week's haul is awesome as usual!

    Have a great week, K.

    P.S.

    The Prince! *flails*

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool you got blurbed! That is awesome and huge! Congratulations! I'll be honest. I haven't heard of any of these books besides Slated and Throne of Glass, but I hope you enjoy them anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool is that getting quoted?? I haven't been in Forbidden Planet for years but if there's book bargains to be had maybe I need to pay a visit.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was lovely to meet you, hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats for being quoted!! I'm sure it was an amazing time! I can't blame you, if the prices are decent.. You have to buy books, don't you?
    Enjoy, and happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY congrats on being quoted. You have some amazing looking books this week, I will definitely have to check some of them out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! You were quoted in Throne of Glass! That's so incredibly cool!

    I have a copy of Romeo Spikes. I hope it's good. Also, The Games looks interesting, as does Daughter of the Sword. I rely on you to tell me which books are worth my time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts