The Postman Knock #33

Rain, rain, rain all week.
Looks like British summer has officially ended, peeps :(
Otherwise, I've been reading fiendishly.
Nothing new here.
Oh, I also had a massive clear out of my wishlist on Goodreads and in my library (250 books gone), and transferred a lot of books to my kindle wishlist (easier to notice a bargain price).

READ:


Phew. That's a lot of books! THE SHE-HULK DIARIES is awesome, peeps! Marta at her best. READ IT! On the other hand, I really did not like ACID. Poorly written and badly paced, unfortunately. THE MISTRESS as all the books by Tiffany Riesz go was a mind f*ck of a highest calibre. I don't think you can call it erotic romance. Not EVER. More like high-octane psychological thriller. BURN MARK was a very good dystopian YA, so good, that I wish I had book#2 to read now. Reminded me of Holly Black's books. RISING DARKNESS let me down, peeps. I think there are good ideas, but execution is very average. I won't be continuing with this series. At, last MAGNIFICENT DEVICES series blew me away. I gobbled up 4 books in 2 days, because it was pure bliss reading this light clever and fun steampunk adventure!

DNF:


SEVEN NIGHTS IN A ROGUE'S BED was so bad, peeps, I couldn't go past the first chapter. Old-fashioned, formulaic and full of cliches. No, thank you!  Nothing was wrong with GREAVEBURN  except that I didn't like the writing style, so I'll be donating it to my library.

NETGALLEY:

Thanks to all the publishers!

LIBRARY:

The Necklace of Gods is called Eona in US.

BOUGHT: 
 I love everything Sara King writes, but her books are usually a bit too expensive for me to buy outright, so this time I've waited until it was reduced on kindle. The same goes for Blaze and Where Bluebirds Fly - both currently are kindle offers.

FREEBIE:

 It was free on Amazon this Saturday, so go and check it out!

Happy Sunday!

This cutie is Margaret Berger from Norway, and this is the only song I've liked from Eurovision 2013.
 What do you think?

Comments

  1. I love Thea Harrison books, but Rising Darkness was just not to my taste, and I am kind of glad I am not the only one who did not like it.
    I love the covers of the Devices books, will look into those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you really have been on a reading bend this week - I am so impressed! The Devices series looks like a lot of fun - I might check them out...that said I have a load of Netgalley books I need to get through in the next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I am to read Campbell soon :/

    On another note, summer ended 2 weeks ago here and we are back to spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful I didn't see the Lynn Viehl book, so I'm asking it now. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also got The forgotten ones, looks great! :)

    Happy reading :D
     Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weird, I loved ACID. Thought it was a proper dystopia rather than a story built up around a not-very-well-thought-out idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh nice haul! Those are all new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to start Adina's books, I have one because it was free on Amazon and it looks awesome!
    Great haul, so many good books. I always get inspiration from your hauls, like Skylark! :)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. laughed so hard when I saw "Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed" under the DNF label :D xo leanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, look at all the books you read. I am such a slacker. :( I'm sorry to hear about Rising Darkness; I have that one on my wishlist.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It hasn't ended you silly sausage, there's still July and August! They're the main Summer months! I do that with wishlists. Anything indie goes on the indie wishlist and I check regularly for freebie promotions.

    I have Burn Mark and Witch Fire.. should read them soon but my reading moods keep falling short of them. >.< And was pondering reading Lady of Devises for Clockwork Summer... guest review? ;)

    And N.K. Jemisin I need to read! Have the first of this trilogy, haven't picked it up yet though amongst all the review books and other must reads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul, I am loving some of these covers and so sorry you didn't enjoy the Campbell book..i actually loved it..perfect escape book. The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Nice haul of books. I love the covers for these books. They look so pretty. I hope you really enjoy them as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great haul, you seriously do have the best looking books bar far in all your hauls, and it's bad for my want to read list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy cow-a bunga! You really barreled through those books. Glad to hear Magnificent Devices is so good. I have the first book on my Nook. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo nice haul! So many good looking books. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Kara!

    Oh, I always feel so jealous when I see your book haul, as well as how many books you read!! Lol. How are you able to read so fast? I'm a slow reader, and it's because I pronounce the words in my head....can't get rid of this habit.

    Another reason for my slow reading is that I have TWO jobs! They take up SO much of my time! Also, when I DO have free time, I work on my blog. So, ironically, that, too, takes time away from my reading...

    Anyway, I think you have some GREAT books here! I'll check them all out on Goodreads!!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my "Shelf Candy Saturday" feature!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy hell those are all some good looking (and sounding) books you have in this post! I admit I squee a little inside every time I see ACID :D Hope you enjoyed it! And that 'Devices' series looks really promising too, I'll be looking into them further as soon as I leave your post! I hope you enjoy all your new goodies this week! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts