The Postman Knock #32

Mostly beautiful weather this week. I'm enjoying the sun!

I'VE READ:

DEATHLESS was absolutely mind-blowing, heart-breaking, wretched and beautiful book. I recommend it to anyone, especially those interested in Russian folklore and history. I don't even know how to review it, words fail me. GOLDEN FIRES by Pehov was a great example of fab Russian fantasy again, and I enjoyed it enormously. THE BROKEN KINGDOMS reminded me again of how much I adore N.K. Jemisin. Why the hell do I always wait so long to read her?! Her books are just beautiful. QUEEN OF THE WORLD I read at the same time as Mel, and we could compare what we thought of it. It's a very decent fantasy, but quite unfinished. No rumors of book #2 yet. However, some great characters in this one.  VIGILANT was another very decent read in a typical for Lawson mix of genres It's about villains, superheroes and normal people caught in between.

NETGALLEY REQUEST:

If you are on Netgalley, Parasite and Charming are currently on READ NOW option, but I'm pretty excited about all the reads I've managed to request this week.

FOR REVIEW:

Thank you, April, who is guest posting about time travel reads with me next week!

GIFTED:

Funnily enough, this was gifted to me by the author through Beyond Books giveaway months ago, but I couldn't access it through Amazon US and pretty much gave up on the book. I don't know what happened but this week I tried to download it again at the same time as April's book and it worked! Thank you, Cat and Rhiannon!

LIBRARY:


This is it. How was your week, peeps?
Ciao!

Lovely video from M83. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Oh, you had me running over to Netgalley for Parasite - I loved Feed by Mira Grant! Charming sounds interesting as well...

    And congrats on your win! Always nice when the downloads work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh amazon, I tried to dl a book I won once but gave up and just bought it with my gc in the end :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul this week. I will have to check out Charming. Rising Darkness and Blood Song sound interesting too.

    Check out My haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so curious about charming, I also need to read it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want to read Deathless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice! I almost thought of requesting Hunted since I finally got caught up in the series, but felt like I needed a tiny break from the series and the wait from now (or earlier this week) til the 25th doesn't sound too bad. Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crown of midnight & Parasite, I see these pretty books a lot this week. Happy reading! :D

     Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! So many good books! I am off to request parasite asap!

    Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your book posts are always so much more reserved than mine! I'm really hoping to get my hands on Deathless sometime. Loved Fairyland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual, you have a REALLY cool array of books!! I'm excited by your mention of Russian folklore; I have to find out more! The only Russian folklore I know about, but just barely, is the Firebird legend, made famous by Stravinsky. So I will definitely find out more about "Deathless"!

    The other books look awesome as well -- I LOVE those covers!! All I need to do is check to see if they are available in print. As you know, I don't read e-books!

    Thanks for sharing and for commenting on my "Stacking The Shelves" post! Thanks for the very nice video, too -- the music blew me away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. I just noticed that the font used for the title of "Charming" is very similar to the one used for the title of "Cinder", the novel by Marissa Meyer, which is the first book in the Lunar Chronicles series. What a little coincidence, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, Maria, I haven't noticed it! Well done! :) Glad you enjoyed the music, and I hope you'll be able to read Deathless and N.K. Jemisin - both are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts