The Postman Knock #29

Hey, peeps!
Thank God, my cold ended this Thursday and I'm glad I took 3 days off work because I really didn't want working with it in an environment where you're supposed to sterilize surgical equipment :)
Consequiently, and glutted myself on books.
Please don't be scared but I did read a lot and not review requests either.
I was a bad, bad girl!

READ:

ADRIEN ENGLISH MYSTERIES 1-5 is a must read. I can't tell you just HOW GOOD these cozy mysteries are. I've read all 5 books in one day and I'm craving more. Thanks to Betsy, who introduced me to this author. All 5 books have this grand romance between Adrien, the book seller and this tough police detective Jake Ryordan, who is so intense, he reminded me of Barrons and who is slowly forced to confront his suppressed sexuality and his feelings for Adrien. *phew* You bet, I'm reading everything else that Josh Lanyon has ever written. TOUCHSTONE SERIES 1-3 is something that I fancied reading for a long time, and again Andrea, which blew my mind with her And All The Stars managed a very compicated and absolutely addictive sci-fi YA series about a girl from Earth who drops through the wormhole to an absolutely alien civilization and manages to help them fight monsters and make their worlds her home.  Anyone who loves anime will adore this series. I have a huge crush on Setari - squads of gorgeous psychic space samurai *sigh* On the other hand, CLOCKWORK MAFIA and SHAEDES OF GRAY delivered a stellar performance and I enjoyed reading both these steampunk and urban fantasy novels. SHAPESHIFTED was also a really yummy, very well written urban fantasy and it only took me a day to read.  At last, PARALLEL was another beautiful sci-fi  read which left me reeling. I love reading about multiverse, and I thought this book was absolutely amazing and heartbreaking.

FOR REVIEW:

Thank yo very much, Cassie! I'm looking forward to this!

BOUGHT:

 

FREEBIE:

Another recommendation from my book guru, Betsy, and it was free on Amazon UK for a short while.

This is it. 
There won't be any mail posts until June, peeps, as I'm going away and all May you'll have awesome giveaways, reviews and guest posts. I hope you enjoy it all.
Don't forget to check this giveaway which started yesterday (INT) too!

Love and hugs, ciao!

P.S. Has anyone started listening o Great Gatsby OST? It's EPIC, ladies and gents! I'll be really surprised if it doesn't win any awards...



Comments

  1. Glad you're feeling better, Kara. And yes, I loved Parallel too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for the library to get Shaedes, it takes foreeeever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that really was an epic reading week! Sometimes I think being off work ill but well enough to read would be really nice...
    Hope you have a great May - and squeeze in plenty of reading despite the travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHAPESHIFTED is already read for you? I'm so late lol. I'm very happy you enjoyed Shaedes of Gray. Love the series!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul, you got some nice looking books! Happy reading!

    My haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul of books. I have the first Adrian English book. Great haul of books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy, I'm so glad you loved it too! I've seen quite a lot of disappointing review mostly because people are just not ready to see sci-fi in YA genre :(

    Blodeuedd, I can send you mine when I come back :)

    Thanks, Mel! I'm planning on clearing out my ARCs in May which will be great!

    D., I've read it in one go it was that easy to read. I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

    Ula, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Book-a-thons I wish I could have read like that during my ten days of illness..but i couldn't read a page for almost 7 days!!! I am officially jelly! Wonderful haul this week, I am sensing a theme or obsession maybe..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. O_O, obsession with Josh Lanyon and Andrea K. Host, Kimba? Definitely! I had to book binge on them ;))) You should read them both. So GOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stray looks good, and I enjoyed Parallel and hope you do too. Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stray is also sci-fi, Brandi! So you might enjoy it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I LOVE the touchstone series by Host. I'm about half way through Caszandra and I can't handle all the feels. Did you also know Host put out a "Gratuitous Epilogue" for the series? I think it's a few dollars on the kindle, but it ties up the series I believe. So glad I found someone else who loves this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY, Sallie, so glad to meet another fan! :))) I've read that epilogue because I was desperate for the satisfying ending and boy, I got it! :) It actually made me want to go back to watching anime which is what this series reminded me of.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reviews of Parallel have been all over the place, but I really think I'm going to have to try it, because I MIGHT love it. Seems like it's mostly love it or hate it, which seems like a risk worth taking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic haul. I have Parallel waiting to be read. I love the covers for Caszandra and the rest of the books in the series.

    Thanks for stopping by my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! I so wish I could read that fast, when not sick! LOL! Wow. great week. :) And glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Kara!

    You've had a GREAT time reading, I see! I agree with Melissa -- I wish I could read that fast, too! Oh, well...

    The books I'm really interested in here are: "Caszandra", "Lab Rat One", "Stray", and "Parallel". I checked to see whether these were Kindle editions or print editions. Thankfully, they're all available in paperback. Unfortunately, the covers of the Andrea Host print editions are not as pretty as those of the Kindle editions...but what can I do? I HATE e-books!!! All of these are now on my Amazon wish list, by the way!

    Anyhow, I'm glad you enjoyed these books! And thanks for visiting my "Stacking The Shelves" post and commenting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. "I was a bad, bad girl." And then hot men appear. Oh Karina. ;)

    Hope you have a good time in May, looking forward to seeing what's lined up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts