The Postman Knock #27

I'm celebrating warmer weather here, peeps.
To my profound relief we are in double digits right now as in anything between 10 to 20C. O_O, I forgot how nice it feels :D
Hope you enjoying the sun and warmth too!

I've READ:

Overall, it was another fantastic week. DREAMS AND SHADOWS is not what you're expecting, but it's utterly glorious. I'll be talking about the reasons I enjoyed it so much very soon. RENEGADE was good, but maybe not as exciting as book #1 in this series. However, it's dark and atmospheric and a little bit gory. I enjoyed it. TO SEEK A MASTER was requested on a whim, and I found it hot and amusing. Review coming next week. THE RESTORER was just as good as my blogger friends told me. The ending felt a bit rushed, but I'll be grabbing the rest of the series. It's really interesting and atmospheric. UNDECLARED became my big fluffy pillow of the week. I was craving something comforting, and usually I turn to historical romances when  feel like this. But this time I had this New Adult novel for review... and it was lovely. At last, HOT BLOODED ended with a bang! oh boy, Amanda Carlson definitely knows how to make an entrance and an exit. Brilliant UF.

EGALLEYS:
Thank you, Random House UK and Balzer+Bray!

FOR REVIEW:


Jen was very nice in her email, and with some trepidation I accepted her New Adult romance for review. Thank you, Jen! P.S. Already read it, and it was great!

BOOK SWAP:

Lovely Ellie from Curiosity Killed The Bookworm swapped these beauties with me, and I can't wait to read them both!

Thanks to everyone who agreed to help me with guest posts and reviews in May when I'm on holidays. it looks like next month will see much awesomeness on this blog. :)

Love and Happy Sunday!

and hahaha, ladies, that is one hilarious song!


This is a form of advertising by Mooncup, a small company making menstrual cups in UK. I think what they do is brilliant. All the power and luck to them.

Ciao!

Comments

  1. Glad you are having warmer weather! Nice haul. And thanks for reading The Restorer with me! I had to save the video for later because I can't play it right now. But I verrry curious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book 2 in the Graveyard is epic, simply epic. I can't wait for you to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always impressed at how many books you can read in a week!
    Hot Blooded was just awesome! And I'm glad you liked The Restorer - such an atmospheric series.
    Looking forward to seeing what you think of The Demonologist and Gathering Dark! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay glad they arrived safely, I think post office woman put them in super slo-mo post ;) Hope you enjoy them (a little more than me too).

    ReplyDelete
  5. please tell me that your " bang" or hot blooded isn'ty a cliffhanger i hate those ^^;;
    i should try the restorer one day

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice! These are all new to me--from your haul. They look like interesting reads too! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Dreams and Shadows, The Demonologist and The Gathering Dark.

    The song is just hilarious, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely books! The Burning Sky looks fantastic!!!
    And the song... Cute haha!

    Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christy, watch the video, when you can. It's funny! :)

    Blodeuedd, now you're torturing me! I really want it!

    Mel, me too. Can't wait to get to read them!

    Ellie, they came really fast! The woman must have mixed the postage services. I was surprised!

    Miki, no cliffhanger. I meant that the author goes all out in the end as in huge battle, big revelations :)

    Jessica, thanks! :)

    Dita, Dreams and Shadows is really good. I so enjoyed it! Hope you read it soon!

    Ula, it does! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited about Dreams & Shadows!! Can't wait til my library gets a copy... :) xo leanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the Gathering Dark, it was pretty special although I have no idea why the name change was necessary. It looks like you've been reading up a storm this week too, I'm always impressed by how many books you get through in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed The Restorer...do ya wanna be a grave restorer like me now? Have a wonderful week my dear! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm dying to read the burning sky. i like sherry thomas's romance novels and i think her YA debut will be a good one. check out our StS at Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks. happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you set for posts? If you still need one, I could do something. Regardless, enjoy your vacation!

    I really need to get my hands on the Amanda Carlson books, I think I'd like them. I've heard mixed things about The Restorer, I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bea, thanks for your help! I would absolutely love to have one from you. I'll catch you up on Twitter, hold on!

    Leanna, it was wonderful. I hope you library gets it!

    Lesley, I have mixed feeling of dread and anticipation about that book. I've heard things that I know I'd love and hate both in it :)

    Kimba, it will be a great job, but snakes and spiders do put me off.... ;)

    Michelle & Lesley, I love Sherry Thomas historicals and I do hope her YA fantasy will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cover of The Burning Sky!

    I hope you got some sunshine and warmth today - it was at least 20C here - I could have stayed outside all day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every week when I visit your book haul post, I get inredibly jealous that you're making a headway with your books. While my pile, on the other hand, grows to an insurmountable amount.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always have interesting books in your hauls. I hope you enjoy The Gathering Dark, and I will have to check out your books and find out more about them.

    Thanks for stopping by my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so love the amanda stevens series! Happy reading darling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What's the book swap thingy? Think I've missed out on something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hot Blooded! Hot Blooded! Great series, can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you are enjoying Amanda Carlson's books too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. How is Hot Blooded? *stalks* You loved it. Hmm. I liked the first one, but not especially so, and I was on the fence about continuing. Maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts