If you found this content anywhere else apart from http://nocturnalbookreviews.blogspot.com/ it's being used by a content scraper. Please consider using the link above and subscribing to my blog Nocturnal Book Reviews directly. Thank you!


TO COMMENT ON A POST PLEASE JUST PRESS THE POST TITLE. THANK YOU!

I'm using IntenseDebate which doesn't show up if you browse home page. The comments are visible on individual posts.


The Postman Knock #26

It was a good and a bad week, peeps.
I've received a few lovely gifts from my friends and I felt really loved.
At the same time, hubby's birthday was a sad one again. Some of you might remember that last year he lost his brother the day before his birthday. So this year it would have been a somber day anyway, but we also received a call that his oldest friend suddenly passed away on the same day this year, so it was a pretty horrid birthday for us both...

The important thing to know - we are always here for each other.
*hugs to you all as well*

In other news, my decision to post every other day instead of every day took so much stress off me I didn't even know I had...I am amazed. Essentially I sacrificed 2 days, Tuesday and Thursday reviews, as from now on I'll be doing 3 reviews per week instead of 5, a guest/feature post on Saturday and a mail post on Sunday.

So what have I READ?

FADE TO BLACK was disappointing, and I admit i skimmed through most of it. Great ideas, but I just could not feel for the characters. I don't know where the connection broke, but it did. PENELOPE which i reviewed on Monday on the other hand was  gorgeous. Such a brilliant read! Go read my review here. SEVEN KINDS OF HELL was another no-go for me. Some great moments, some fab ideas, but in my mind it felt messy and disjointed. Review here. FAIR GAME (OMG, Blodeuedd, you were absolutely right!) kicked some ass. That was Pat Briggs at her best. An excellent urban fantasy! TO THE PRINCESS BOUND was another marvelous surprise. Again I was reading my second book by Sara King and found myself completely engrossed and unable to stop. She is a fantastic, highly understated author, and I wish more of my fellow bloggers tried reading her books. REVELATION  was a DNF unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, the premise and the world-building rocked, but the main characters had so much exaggerated angst I got tired of eye rolling pretty fast :D I really can't deal with too much drama these days... BLADE SONG, it was an awesome fast-paced read, and I just couldn't ask for more! At last, HEART OF IRON was super scrumptious, just like the first book. Honestly, peeps, don't miss out on Bec McMaster, especially if you are a fan of Kristen Callihan. She is so very good!


BOUGHT:
I've heard great praise to this book from Book Chick City gals, and it's currently only a £1 on kindle UK!

LIBRARY:

Another book reviewed by both my blogger pals, Blodeuedd and Kimba, which I had to get! They are giving this author a lot of praise ;)

GIFTED:

Lovely Melliane from Between Dreams and Reality gifted this book to me. I've heard a lot of great things about Amanda Bonilla, and had this book on my wishlist for absolute ages! Thank you, sweetheart!

Elizabeth Hunter, whom I absolutely adore sent me her latest pretty with my blurb on the back and a wonderful message which totally made my day. I think it's for the moments like this we all blog...


Hugs to all!
Happy Sunday!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

GFC Followers

If you are a GFC follower please resubscribe by any other method to all the blogs you follow in such way. It is getting discontinued in 2016. You will lose all the blogs you follow gradually so you might not even notice it straightaway.


Subscribe with Feedly

Subscribe with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

networked blogs

Linky Followers

Facebook Page

Karina on goodreads

Victoria on Goodreads

Subscribe by Email

Victoria on TWITTER

FeedCount

FEEDCOUNT

Followers via Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

BLOG ARCHIVE

grab our button

Search

Loading...

KARINA IS READING

READING

The Night Circus
Legacy
Gabriel's Inferno
Touch

goodreads.com

Vika is reading

Victoria Reading

The Fault in Our Stars
Spin

goodreads.com

In case of zombie apocalypse

Hey, guys! I feel like I should say this just in case :)
If you'd like to sponsor a fellow book addict who sometimes can't sleep at night worrying that she won't have enough books to read if internet goes down in the event of zombie apocalypse (I'm convinced it's one of the top five ways to go for human race) you can donate through Paypal to olivesandacorns at gmail dot com or buy a book through any of the links provided with my reviews which will send me a small percentage from the sale. All proceeds will go towards my enormous TBR. I will also shelter you on the remote farm in Portugal when zombie apocalypse starts provided you survive getting there. There will be books, yay?
Thank you! Love you all

Book Blogger Directory

Netgalley

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Stats since May 2011

ONLINE GAME TO END HUNGER

Online game to end hunger