Reds - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly


We are back with more reds, peeps! Did you miss us?
For those of you who don't know what the hell I am talking about, - I collect redheaded book covers. This is my cryptonite, and if you happen to share the same weakness, there are more redheads just a click away under Features :D

Here is what I've got for you today...

The Good






The Bad

Depressing isn't it? But wait, it gets worse...


The Ugly

Seriously, what were you thinking book cover designers/authors? I wouldn't touch these books with a ten-foot pole.

 Special mention goes to Nadia Scrieva who changed the background on her cover which I've featured as the worst redheaded cover in June. 
Guess what, folks? It's still the worst cover. Absolutely atrocious.

I am slightly depressed and very disturbed by such lack of taste not only in self-pub books but with the publishers as well. What do you think? Snark away!

Here is one more gorgeous redhead to lighten up you mood...

Ciao!



Comments

  1. HAHAHA i love this post! Good choices!
    I think the worst is when the model is not redhead and they photoshop the color and they are doing it bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noes! I lub Megg Jensen's cover. And the Fairyland OTHER covers.. not a big fan of that stock either.
    Love East of Orleans and Moonlight & Mechanicals! Gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture for Megg Jansen is not bad, Han, but there is too much going on, no focus, and let's face it - if I see that cover in tumbnail size I'll totally skip it. Also my biggest pet peeve is typography - that font doesn't do anything for the book either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know self.pubbed authors have it harder to get a pretty cover but COME ONE. I would rather take a black cover with the title than some of the ugly ones out there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, what gets me is that they have no backing behind them. Surely a good cover is super important, because that's what would be a selling point in the first place. Use every advantage you can... but no, most of the authors mess up anyway. If I see an ugly cover I automatically think that if the author couldn't be bothered to spend time and effort on their cover, what are the chances that the content will be just as half-arsed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too, am a sucker for red head heroines! And I completely agree, that cover doesn't look enticing at all. I fail to understand how pubs and authors can't see how important covers are. It's like eating, yeah? If it doesn't look appetizing, I probably won't eat it.

    Florence + The Machine! Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whta on earth is going on with that Patricia briggs cover? I have quite a nice version that god...but no redheads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it horrible that we judge a book by it's cover..but we do..i know it is what draws me in every time and then the synopsis seals the deal..but totally agree some of the series i loved have so ugly ass covers mid-series..eek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow lots of books this week. Love the ones with the red heads on the cover. Great haul this week.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy, I'm the same (unless of course it's something I cooked :D)

    Ellie, it was horrible! I couldn't believe it was for Pat Briggs. Shame on cover designers!

    Kimberly, midseries I can forgive, because you know if the author is good already, but first book? It's suicidal...

    Grace! *shakes her head* not my haul, sweetie ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha, I will say you have several books on here I now need to go look into because of the covers. :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorites: Ashes and Wine and The Devil's Metal. So gorgeous.

    SACRIFICES SUCKS SO HARD THAT YOU COULD USE IT AS A VACUUM CLEANER.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahaha, yep, totally agree with you, Christina! :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts