Book Buying Ban week #4 and I'm off!

Hey, peeps! Guess what? While you are reading this I'm spending a week with the family in Castle Douglas in Scotland, drinking my whiskey and eating haggis, enjoying the countryside.

I'm totally away from the Internet as we are in the middle of nowhere and won't be back until next Saturday evening. We are also planning a day at Steampunk convention next Saturday, so that week will be super full and exciting for me and my hubby. I promise some pics and some books as we will be residing close to the national book city of Scotland, and I plan to raid it! Squeee!!!

Anyway, here is what I've read this week:


Reading Highlights of the week?
These two were amazing! Stormdancer was a profound experience and Phoenix Rising was so much fun, one of the best steampunk novels I've ever read. Recommended to everyone!

I DNFed few books as well...
Destined *shudders* Don't let me start on this. First 2 chapters was more than enough. Psyche thinking and talking like a modern spoiled brat teen? No, thank you! Night's Engines unfortunately is written in a way I find almost impossible to enjoy reading. Pity, because I like the plot.

Total score:
70 books (10 for review)

Have a great week, everyone!
Speak to you later!

Comments

  1. Have fun in Scotland, dear! Can't wait to see your photos!! Have I mentioned yet that I've been to Scotland at the exact same time last year? Yep.

    Ohhh "Nightshifted" is on my wishlist - looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun!!! :D

    Too bad on Jamieson, the book sounded cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have been meaning to go up to Edinburgh for the book festival at a some point! Sounds like you're going to have a great week - enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DNF'ed Destined as well. I couldn't suffer another chapter any more than the first two. Anyway, you're doing awesome!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vacation sounds wonderful, I hope you have a great time! A steampunk con would be so fun.

    I have Peculiar Occurrences in my TBR pile, I'm looking forward to it. You;re doing really well with your book buying ban, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in Scotland! Count me in on the scotch whisky but I'll take a pass on the haggis;)

    I have started Stormdancer but have had to put it down to take care of some review reading, but so far I love it! Though I don't think it will be a quick read, it's packed full of info and lovely writing, I think I'll read it at a leisurely pace:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, I wasn't insanely impressed with The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, but Iron Wyrm Affair is reminding me of it a bit, so if you liked that a lot, I'm not surprised you enjoyed this one. That sounds dismissive, but I really don't mean it to be. I did enjoy Phoenix Rising.

    Why am I so awkward?

    Also, Stormdancer rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are having a great time, and a great time at Steampunk con. :) And that was an amazing lineup of books last week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts