Book Buying Ban: week #8

Hello, folks!
Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!
I certainly am.

Last week I fell madly in love with Modern Family
which is really really funny and cleverTV show, so I've been watching it for a much needed bout of escapism.

Here's what I've read: 

Second Grave on The Left was amazing and The Knowledge of Good and Evil was one of those religious thrillers which I always find fascinating. These are my highlights of the week.

DNF

Unfortunately, this one is a classic of paranormal romance where the author felt the need to tick all the boxes. Super possessive, manipulating, jerky, angry alpha male; animalistic rage, mine, mine, mine and zero sparks between him and the main heroine. Yawn and DNF after a few chapters.

Total left:
62 books (6 for review)


Won
This came as a gorgeous hardcover from fabulous Heather @ Books Stack On Deck. Thank you so much!

At last, is anyone excited after watching these trailers?
I know I am!
What got me that it shows an open polygamy and is like one of those movies like Revolver or Lucky Number Slevin. Everything is not what it seems.

I don't expect any plot, but it's going to be steampunkish and fun! :D

This just looks insane, and I HAVE to watch it!

P.S. Don't forget that there are two international giveaway that I'm currently running. You can win Breathe by Sarah Crossan or Break Out by Nina Croft.
Ciao!

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhh creepy trailers - love them!

    you are doing so well on your book buying ban ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kat! It's torture though, that's why I want to get it done as soon as humanly possible! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modern Family is epic! Totally loving it <3
    And i'll probably watching the Iron Fist movie..not sure about the others :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria is my favorite, Yiota! She is so funny :)
    I understand about the rest of the movies, they are a bit too serious, while the man with the iron Fist is more fun, b-movie type. Did you watch Kungfu Hustle? it's very funny and crazy in similar way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love darynda Jones! I didn't know the book you won. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm behind you on Darynda's books, D.! Can't wait to read more - she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide if I'm jealous of your tiny TBR number... *glances around at teetering piles*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't be, Ellie! I'm only doing it because my OCD is pissed off that I keep buying books and not reading them for a year because of review piles. I can't cope with that hence radical measures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still need to get to The Assassins' Curse and Iron Duke. HOW DO YOU READ SO MUCH IN A WEEK? :<

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know, Han! Maybe I force feed myself, so the ban can be finally over? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that last one is freaky! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. :/ I still need to read Legacy of Tril...among others in my pile. Sigh. Savages looks insane. I don't think I can watch that.

    Have a great week, hun.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to read some Meljean Brook and Darynda Jones. I keep hearing such good things. I'm not a huge UF girl, but I'll admit that I haven't truly given the genre a chance, so that is up next on my list of things to do in 2013. Challenge maybe? I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How can you manage to be on a book buying ban for so long? It's admirable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I like the Heart of Steel cover there. And The man with Iron Fists looks awesome! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts