Book buying ban week #7 and Feedburner goes AWOL

Hello, me dears!
It was an eventful week for me for sure. How about you?

First of all, those of you who blog know about the issues with Feedburner which has frozen everyone's stats to 0 and is discontinuing its mail subscription service to blogs.

After some initial panic I found couple of alternatives which I'm sharing here in hope that they will help some of you.

A free alternative to Feedburner statscounter which you might notice on my right sidebar is Feedcat.net
If you are subscribed to me through RSS you don't have to do anything. The posts will still appear in Google Reader.

As for email subscription service, Parajunkee had a great post explaining how to retrieve email addresses for your subscribers from Feedburner.
 After you do that you can email your subscribers notifying them that Feedburner is discontinuing their service and suggest an alternative.
As an alternative I found Blogtrottr, which is very easy to use and free as well.
The form I have on my right sidebar for email subscription is from them, so if any of you would like to subscribe to my posts by email, you are welcome to do it now.

Phew... All this out of the way, let's get back to my books, shall we?

Read this week


DNF

What was I thinking? Reading this after brilliance of The Angel? It was like chewing sand - bland, uninspiring and utterly ridiculous. Had to stop myself after few chapters.
Tiffany, you've ruined Fifty for me :D
I want more Soren and Nora. 

HIGHLIGHT OF THE  WEEK
 After this book I went on Tiffany Reisz' website and read tons of freebies she's got there.
Next book will be about Kingsley, and I say BRING IT ON! Absolutely Macchiavelian books... So brilliant!

It had to be done.
I won a book from wonderful Kimberly at Kimba The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so
this beauty arrived on Friday...
Summary
Ia is a precog, tormented by visions of the future where her home galaxy has been devastated. To prevent this vision from coming true, Ia enlists in the Terran United Planets military with a plan to become a soldier who will inspire generations for the next three hundred years-a soldier history will call Bloody Mary.

One of my favoritest (I just invented the word) authors, Elizabeth Hunter, asked me to review her new book about Carwyn. What can I say? She made me an offer I couldn't refuse.


Total: 67 books (7 for review)

Last notice, I promise!
I'm saying goodbye to my page with International Giveaways, peeps. I stopped updating it regularly because  it takes up too much of my time and frankly only few people use it. If you still want to be updated, follow me on twitter as I always repost about them there.

Cheers and Happy Sunday!

Comments

  1. Damn damn damn. I still need to read The Angel. I know you've recc'd this book to me before but just haven't found the time.

    I haven't a bloody clue about Feedburner and email subscribers. I don't even know how many I've got. Seriously, I'm just happy people are following my blog. Lol! Great week of book banning for ya, mah dear!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post! Whut's The Angel about? Review soon plx! Preferably before Tuesday... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's on Tuesday, Han? :) It's a BDSM book LOL, but nothing like I've read before. More like a mind-f*ck than anything else. Brilliant writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly me! Hubby will be lost to the world until at least Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh feed burner.... that's all on that front, I still have a headache... Awesome new books this week, Tiffany Reisz's books are on my TBR, I really need to get to reading them! I got an Elizabeth Hunter book this week too, it was on amazon and I was excited to grab it :) Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am horrid but I liked that you did not enjoy that last 50 books because even if I have not read them...they are still horrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Demon's Curse and cannot wait to read it..i hope you liked it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Karina! I already have Feedcat up and running (really good so far), but I'll definitely check out Blogtrottr.

    Nice haul! I can't wait to read Breathe!

    Happy reading!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really have to read Reisz, I keep hearing such good things about her books.

    Thanks for the info about FeedBurner and alternatives. I'll add that to y to-do list. Google just keeps getting suckier and suckier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so curious about Breathe! One of my most trusted friends DNFed it, but I still can't resist that cover.
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! How did I miss that about Feedburner? I don't use it as much, but still I missed it.

    Looks like you had a very good week in books there. :) Hope this week is well too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you a lot for the help about feedburner. I followed your recommendations ( i admid i'm not sure i really understand the difference between feedcat and blogtrottr but i put both to be sure. i have a question though ...how can i check who has subcribed by email ( with both program) with feedcat if i click on my feed and then email suscriber i'm told how many i have yes but i don't know who there are and i would like to be able to ( in the case of a giveaway for example)

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome books! But I still haven't brought myself to read any of the 50 Shades books! They just don't seem like they would be my cup of tea.

    Thank you for the Feedburner info! passing that on to some other blogger friends as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miki, I really don't know until I look at it. Parajunkee explains in her post (which I linked to) how to retrieve the email followers from Feedburner. I assume it will be similar with feedcat?

    Heather, I think it's too hyped right now, so I would wait for a movie if I were you. It probably will be less painful for your eyes to watch hot actors playing the couple rather than reading their awkward inner dialogues :)

    Melissa, it's just about email subscription - everything else works! Don't panic! ;)

    Maja, it wasn't a DNF for me but it wasn't something really exciting too.

    Bea, you really have to. She is fabulous!

    Cayce, happy reading to you too! ;)

    Kimberly, I was disappointed with that book unfortunately :( Maybe you'll like it more?

    Blodeuedd, oh don't! I'm sure it will be torturous for you ;D

    Book Savvy Babe Heather, Reisz simply rocks, so as Elizabeth! Read moth soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts