Urban Fantasy Review: Sins of The Demon and Touch of The Demon by Diana Rowland

Sins of The Demon by Diana Rowland (Kara Gillian #4)


bought

Synopsis from Goodreads
The homicide beat in Louisiana isn't just terrifying, it's demonic. Detective Kara Gilligan of the supernatural task force has the ability to summon demons to her aid, but she herself is pledged to serve a demonic lord. And now, people who've hurt Kara in the past are dropping dead for no apparent reason. To clear her name and save both the demon and human worlds, she's in a race against the clock and in a battle for her life that just may take her to hell and back.
Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK | The Book Depository US/UK | Fishpond

8.5/10


Touch of The Demon by Diana Rowland (Kara Gillian #5)


bought

Synopsis from Goodreads

Kara Gillian is in some seriously deep trouble.

She’s used to summoning supernatural creatures from the demon realm to our world, but now the tables have been turned and she’s the one who’s been summoned. Kara is the prisoner of yet another demonic lord, but she quickly discovers that she’s far more than a mere hostage. Yet waiting for rescue has never been her style, and Kara has no intention of being a pawn in someone else’s game.

There’s intrigue to spare as she digs into the origin of the demonic lords and discovers the machinations of humans and demons alike. Kara is shocked to discover that she has her own history in the demon realm, and that the ties between her and the demonic lords Rhyzkahl and Szerain go back farther than she could have ever imagined. But treachery runs rampant among all the lords, and she’s going to have to stay sharp in order to keep from being used to further their own agendas. The lords have a secret that dates back to earth’s ancient history, and it could have devastating repercussions for both worlds.

Yet more than anything else, Kara’s abilities as a homicide detective will be put to the test—because this time the murder she has to solve is her own.

Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK | The Book Depository US/UK | Fishpond

9.5/10

* * *
 I read these two books one after another and I can not separate them into two reviews in my head as well. In my opinion, Sins of The Demons is something you have to read because it leads you to the awesomeness of Touch of The Demon, and that is that.



Diana Rowland is a one of the few rare authors who didn't allow herself to stagnate. It takes balls to turn everything you've learnt on its head, and the only other author I know who did such thing was Karen Marie Moning with her Fever series.

You will forgive me, peeps, if I concentrate on Touch of The Demon without giving you too many spoilers.  

The successful summoning in the end of Sins of The Demon brings Kara to demons realm, and all the next book she spends there re-learning and re-evaluating everything she knows. It's daring and awesome and strongly reminds me of World of Warcraft with its computer game-like sense of reality. The reader's emotions go through a roller coaster along with the main heroine's. Characters come and go, some stay your friends, others become your enemies... and some others blow your mind and just click as something right.

I loved that Kara had that. I loved that she found a new strength in her abilities and her new circumstances. She didn't break, she didn't wallow in her sorrows, she just got very angry and kicked ass. Anyway, I wholly recommend this series and can't wait to read the next instalment which comes out this month. Read this.

* * *
Так как я читала обе книги одну за другой, разделять свои впечатления от обоих на две рецензии я не буду. Вкратце, Грехи Демона надо читать, так как она приведёт вас к шикарнейшему Прикосновению Демона.

В последнем, Диана Роуланд совершила то, на что не у каждого автора городского фэнтези хватает смелости. Она перевернула сюжет и наши представления о главных героях и построении мира с ног на голову, и за это я её просто обожаю.

В конце четвёртой книги Кару вызывают в реалм демонов, и всю пятую книгу она проводит там, переучиваясь азам демонологии и пересматривая свои представления об этом мире.

Читатель не отстаёт от главной героини и вместе с Карой переживает эмоциональный шок, оправляется от травмы, приобретает новых друзей, врагов и потрясающих парнёров в полном смысле этого слова. Вся книга своей сюрреалистичностью напомнила мне
World of Warcraft и просто безумно мне понравилась.Очень рекомендую и жду-не дождусь следующей книги, которая выходит в этом месяце. Читайте!

Comments

  1. This series sounds great, hopping over to check out more. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeek skimmed it all, I just read book 1 and liked it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. the 5th was really my fave we can't expect any of that and I can't wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good... I haven't read anything by this author, but might have to look it up now! :) I'm also thinking maybe I need to give the Fever series another go. I read a sample awhile back and it didn't click for me, but everyone I know has been pretty much raving about those books - I feel like I'm missing out!

    V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read these and the new one. I got busy after book three and never read these two. I just requested Sins of the Demon from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Kara it looks like this series just gets stronger as it progresses. I believe I have book one..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have the first few books in this series, I will have to start reading it! So glad you love this series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts