My MUST HAVE Urban Fantasy Picks

I'm knackered today and probably will be for couple of days more if the job load is going to be the same. So while I'm finishing reading my books here are some blog fillers :)

I never told you my MUST HAVE 5 Urban Fantasy picks, although how can anyone constrain them to 5 I don't know...

Here it is, peeps. I'll show you mine, you show me yours :)

По простому, мой выбор 5-ти лучших серий городского фэнтэзи, хотя как их можно ограничить только 5-ю?! Я не знаю.


1. Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.








____________________________________________________________________
Barrons. Need I say more?











"Barrons laughed again. "And there, my dear Fio, you make one of Womankind's greatest mistakes: Falling in love with a man's potential. We so rarely share the same view of it, and even more rarely care to achieve it. Stop pining for the man you think I could be -- and take a good, long, hard look at the one I am."

"One day you may kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence.”
“Right, and one day my prince might come.”
“I doubt he’ll be a prince, Ms. Lane. Men rarely are.
2. Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews








________________________________________________________
Not only Kate and Curran are freaking hilarious. The fighting scenes are to die for.
"His Majesty needs a can-I girl anyway. And I'm not it."
"A can-I girl?" Andrea frowned.
I leaned back. "'Can I fetch your food, Your Majesty? Can I tell you how strong and mighty you are, Your Majesty? Can I pick your fleas, Your Majesty? Can I kiss your ass, Your Majesty? Can I..."
It dawned on me that Raphael was sitting very still. Frozen, like a statue, his gaze fixed on the point above my head. "He's standing behind me, isn't he?" Andrea nodded slowly. "Technically it should be 'may I'," Curran said, his voice deeper than I remembered. "Since you're asking for permission." Why me? "To answer your question, yes, you may kiss my ass. Normally I prefer maintain my personal space, but you're a Friend of the Pack and your services have proven useful once or twice. I strive to accommodate the wishes of persons friendly to my people. My only question is, would kissing my ass be obeisance, grooming, or foreplay?" -Curran to Kate"
"You know anything about investigative work?"
"Sure. Annoy the people involved until the guilt party tries to make you go away."

3. Jill Kismet Series by Lilith Saintcrow








_______________________________________________
Absolute kick-ass heroine. Tough, resilient and snarky. The action sequences are insane.

4. Downside Ghosts series by Stacia Kane













_________________________________________________________
What can I say? Amazing world building, atypical heroes. Chess is an exorcist and a drug addict, Terrible is a mafia thug. But what an unbelievable couple!

5. The Maker's Song series by Adrian Phoenix








________________________________________________________
You would not believe how insane these books are. It's like paranormal Dan Brown. Fantastic thrillers full of action, conspiracies and secret services along with vampires, Fallen angels and psycho killers... Rich mythology and world building. Also, Dante and Heather! *fans herself*

So what do you think? What's you top five?

А как насчёт вашей пятёрки?

Comments

  1. I agree with you about the Fever series. Love it! (didn't like Faefever though.. that was the one all about sex, I think, right?)

    I have often wondered if I should read the Ilona Andrews series. Maybe I'll give that one a shot since enough people I trust opinions from have recommended it!

    I like Stacia Kane's demon series, never tried this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, do read Ilona Andrews. The authors are really really good! As to Stacia Kane, I read her first book about demons, but they can't touch the Downside Ghosts. They have Church ruling everything, it's like Spanish Inquisition in distorted present - fantastic dirty dark world, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the stacia kane serie, but if it's so great, i will try to read it soon ! I really like the other serie you choose. I think my top five would be : the kate daniels serie too, the Alex craft serie by kalayna price, The Allie Beckstrom serie by devon monk, the dark swan serie by Richelle mead and the anita blake serie bu laurell k hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meliane, these are fantastic choices! I've got them on my shelves as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you about the Fever series. It's just so ridiculously fantastic. Apparently, Dreamworks has bought the rights to the series, so expect some movies. Though, I'm not sure if I'm excited about it. What if they fuck it up? What if they cast someone totally un-hot as Barrons? My world would be over. :(

    I haven't read any of the other series, so I've added them to my to-read list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. We pretty much have the same exact taste. I haven't read 3 and 4 yet. But I do have Saintcrow's Dante Valentine series though. But I am in love with the others especially the Fever. N.L., you are sating all our fears. Freaks me out to think they plan to do to our beloved Barrons. Great choices hon, some of the very best in Urban Fantasy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. N.L.Mars, I was talking about Barrons with the girls when the news went out about Dreamworks. Of course, David Gandy looks like perfect Barrons, but unfortunately the guy can't act, also he is only 30, and I imagine Barrons looking a bit older. We'll see. Vampire Diaries and True Blood did have some very hot actors, le't hope the same will happen to Fever.

    Diana, believe me you'll love 3 and 4. Jill Kismet feels more mature than Dante, plus the last book is coming out this November (i think), and I already said how amazing is Downside Ghosts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts