If you found this content anywhere else apart from http://nocturnalbookreviews.blogspot.com/ it's being used by a content scraper. Please consider using the link above and subscribing to my blog Nocturnal Book Reviews directly. Thank you!


TO COMMENT ON A POST PLEASE JUST PRESS THE POST TITLE. THANK YOU!

I'm using IntenseDebate which doesn't show up if you browse home page. The comments are visible on individual posts.

Book Buying Ban week #3 and karma is a bitch

Hello, my dear readers!
First of all...
Go have a look at Obvious State, Etsy based shop of graphic designer, Evan Robertson, who transforms literary quotes into these fantastic drawings.

Secondly, book bloggers are still being prosecuted for just having their opinions and ideas of free speech by the site that shall not be named. 

I was really saddened on Saturday when I found out that yet another huge and successful book blog owned by a very nice couple, Hippies, Beauty and Books... was shut down because Amanda and her husband didn't think it was worth it to keep getting harassed anymore.

I'm not surprised that members of society where it's alright to prosecute a young girl for this and fine her $45, 000 can engage in behaviour like that. 
I usually avoid vitriol, don't watch TV and read newspapers, maybe that's why small things upset me so much and really make me want to live as much off the grid as possible.

People, be good to each other. Every time you send a hateful message or troll a celebrity for daring to live their lives like we do, you know? without asking your opinion first, remember this.
Karma is a bitch.
It's all gonna come back to you three times worse than you're dishing out.

On that cheerful note, let's get back to my books, shall we?

Read:


Reading highlights of the week?

Everything else was really pleasant, but I breezed through Keeping Secret and really loved it. If you haven't read this series yet, please do! A real gem of urban fantasy and so easy to read.

Received for review:

I had a surprise package from Quercus because I reviewed the first book last year. Oh well, this doesn't set me back too much.

Total score:
78 books (13 for review)

I'm still doing well me thinks.

This week beautiful lady Joy from Joyous Reads featured my bookshelves on her Shelf Envy , so if you are interested, come and have a look.

Fab Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer also wrote to me asking if I want her to create a button for me, she then sent me an HTML code which I never would have been able to come up with myself. I'm surrounded by wonderful people, folks, for which I'm profoundly grateful.
Thank you!

Here is my button for those of you interested.





Last bit of news, promise!
My weight loss is going well. Yoga five days a week makes me feel fantastic and more upbeat. Last week I lost 2 kg and still staying the same weight this week. Yay for that ;)

Hope you all having a lovely weekend,
lots of love and hugs!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

GFC Followers

GFC Widget stopped showing or appears only on special occasions on many blogspot blogs since the beginning of March 2012, but you can still subscribe to my GFC HERE. Thank you!


Subscribe with Feedly

Subscribe with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

networked blogs

Linky Followers

Facebook Page

Karina on goodreads

Victoria on Goodreads

Subscribe by Email

Victoria on TWITTER

FeedCount

FEEDCOUNT

Followers via Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

BLOG ARCHIVE

grab our button

Search

Loading...

KARINA IS READING

READING

The Night Circus
Legacy
Gabriel's Inferno
Touch

goodreads.com

Vika is reading

Victoria Reading

The Fault in Our Stars
Spin

goodreads.com

A Token of Appreciation

Just a little note to you all,our dear readers!
If any of you desire to show your support to this blog you can donate through Paypal to chai_s_calinoi at yahoo dot co dot uk or buy a book through any of these links The Book Depository UK/US, Amazon UK/US which will send us a small percentage from the sale. All proceeds will go towards the international giveaways here on NBR.
Thank you!

Book Blogger Directory

Netgalley

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Stats since May 2011

ONLINE GAME TO END HUNGER

Online game to end hunger