My Guilty Pleasure #4 - British comedy


Honest to God, when I was thinking about this post yesterday, I intended to talk about my favorite series which I read and reread countless times over the years and still absolutely adore. But they are French. Although they were huge in France and many Eastern European countries, not many French books or movies made in the 1960s are well known in English-speaking world. I couldn't even find a decent trailer in English. The idea was abandoned.

Instead I will talk about British comedy which I absolutely love and watch when I realy need a good belly laugh. It's inherently different from American comedy, and I prefer it that way. So here are some of my favorite sketches, programs or movies. Enjoy!

1. Blackadder
I can never tire of watching it, it's that good!
 
 

2. Monty Python, of course!
There are so many sketches I love but Holy Grail and Life of Brian are my favorite.

3. The Armstrong and Miller Show

Honorary mention goes to
(These go up to eleven!)

So what are your favorite comedy sketches, programs, comedians?

Comments

  1. I adore Blackadder! My history made us watch the last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth as he said it was generally an accurate description of what happened in the trenches. :-)

    Some of my other favourites are Coupling which is hilarous but difficult to find on TV any more. Thankfully the DVD box sets are a good deal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts