Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison review

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison (Elder Races #1)

won from The Bookaholic Cat


Synopsis from Goodreads
Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races.
Buy from Amazon 
Buy from The Book Depository




* * *
Guys, seriously. You know how rare for me is to read a paranormal romance and like it, but this book is amazing. 10/10 material. The blend is just so perfect.
The couple.
Dragos and Pia are both strong, self-deprecating, appreciate humour in any situation and admit they've been stupid and made mistakes without you reaching the point of longing to bash them over the head.
The world-building.
Is unique. The fae, wyr, vampires and other creatures co-exist with humans in an uneasy peace throughout the centuries. The blend of creatures is fascinating. Dragos is a huge dragon, but he is Wyr, which means he belongs to winged creatures. His lieutenants are griffin, thunderbird, harpy and couple of others I don't quite remember.
The pace.
Is fast enough to qualify for urban fantasy. They don't mop around, make silly mistakes and accuse each other of stupid sh*t. They go from crisis to crisis and act accordingly.


Overall, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I've been buzzing ever since I've read this book and the buzz has't quite worn off yet.


I'm sorry, the message said.
The theft was a violation of privacy. It was a unbelievable act of impudence and disrespect. Not only that, it was - baffling. he was murderous, incandescent with fury. He was older than sin and could not remember when he had last been in such rage.
He looked at the paper again.
I'm sorry I had to take your penny. Here's another to replace it.
Yep, that's what it said.
One corner of his mouth twitched. He gave himself a deep shock when he burst into an explosive guffaw.
 "All I took was a freaking penny. Besides I already gave you another one."
...
"You took a 1962 penny," Dragos said. His teeth were gritted. "You left a 1975 penny. It's no replacement."
She stared at him. "Oh my God, it's scary you noticed that."
"I know everything in my hoard and exactly where it is," he told her. "Down to the smallest piece."
"You could go to the doctor got checked out for OCD," she panted. "There might be medication for that."
 * * *
Офигительная книга! Мне не часто нравятся паранормальные романы, но вот этот я просто проглотила, мне понравилось в нём всё.
Пара.
Не тупит, искры между ними так и сыпятся, у обоих замечательное чувство юмора, и оба умеют признавать свои ошибки и вести себя друг с другом нормально, а не как ослы.
Построение мира.
Очень оригинальное. Все паранормальные существа - виры, фэ, вампиры и прочие - живут в открытом, хоть и не лёгком сосуществовании с людьми вот уже века. Сам Драгос - хоть и дракон, принадлежит к Вирам, к которым относятся все крылатые существа. Его лейтенанты, например, состоят из гриффона, гарпии, буревестника и гаргульи.
Действие.
Такое же быстрое как и в городском фэнтэзи. Никто не медлит, разбираясь в чувствах, а выживает от ЧП к ЧП. Всё бодренько и с юмором.

В общем, читать обязательно!

10/10

Comments

  1. Hehe I'm very picky when it comes to PNR books as well, but I really enjoyed this one! I agree with you on all accounts!:) I loved the world building and the characters, they're so perfect for each other! I can't wait to read the other characters' stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too, I have the third in the series sitting near the top of my TBR pile. It reminded me a bit of Nalini Singh at times (who I also love to bits)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about this book. I'm glad that you liked it. I just added it to my wishlist. I'm a new follower of your blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deea, I've read the second book since then and will start Serpent's Kiss soon. Can't wait!

    Lesley, I love Nalini to bits too! Although I've yet to read her psy-changelings series.

    Moretalesfromthecrypt, I really hope you love this book. I couldn't stop reading it, it was sooo good ;))) Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts