The Postman Knock #111

Hello, me dears!
This was a less dramatic week for us, but still a very busy one. We've socialized 5 days out of 7. That's a LOT. I ve cooked and baked and cleaned and sawed wood (because Alex had to rest his shoulder) and chased a hungry fox away running right up at her and screaming my head off while it was trying to catch one of our chickens.
Anyway, here is what 
I've READ:


THE HOOKER AND THE HERMIT was fantastic, and I wrote about it in my review. ALL FALL DOWN was mildly disappointing, and I explained why here.

I LISTENED to:


I was expecting more from ANCILLARY JUSTICE considering all the awards it won, however despite an interesting plot it felt a bit detached. Still good, though.

DNF:

Fantastic concept, but the writing was so dense and uninspiring I had to DNF it quarter way in. I thought first it's the translation, but I read Russian reviews as well, and it seems the writing is problematic in both languages.

NETGALLEY:

Thanks to the publisher!

FROM AUDIBLE FOR REVIEW:

I am listening to it now and it's equally funny and sad. The author narrates the book herself, and I am enjoying it immensely.

KINDLE FREEBIES:


And this is it for me.
How about you?
Tchau! 
xoxo

Popular Posts