My Guilty Pleasure #5 - Anime


Well, I did say I'll talk about movies in this MGP, and I intended to... before I got addicted to
Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty. Yup, in two days I've watched all 26 episodes.

My relationship with anime is almost non-existent. I honestly don't know why. I like Asian movies, martial arts and cold weapons, so it should be match made in heaven.

However, the one thing I never could understand is the necessity to portray women as these cute little baby dolls with tiny squeaky voices, and I'm not just talking about anime and manga, but Asian culture in general...

Well, I'm happy to say Vampire Knight made me disregard all that. I got hooked, I got addicted and I plan to watch Blood The Last Vampire and Vampire Hunter D next.


What did I like is hard to describe: oh, the sad sad eyes, the deep sense of Honor, the beautiful emo boys, brilliant colours and covert sensuality of it all...



Matsuri Hino's art is absolutely amazing, I just can't stop looking at it, and the characters are so complicated, - Zero changes his mind every half an hour, and Kaname turns from a simple prince of emo to a diabolical mastermind who plays everyone like a chessmaster. Yum!









Yeah, I'm hooked. Sue me! *grinning*

Anyone loves anime and can recommend me a very good one?

What's your guilty pleasure of the month?

Comments

  1. Oooh, I haven't watch Vampire Knight. Looks great.
    I really recommend Hellsing (one of my faves), Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis: Evangelion. All fantastic animes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep, I remember watching these a year or two ago. LOVE. <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo happy you like Vampire Knight! I LOVE it! I'm totally addicted to it!! I watched the series but I have the Manga and I always can't wait to read the next number! So cool!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't watch many animes - i don't really know why, because i loved those i watched ^^
    but at the time i watched them i really loved escaflowne - great anime and music. it's older but really worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elfen Lied, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ergo Proxy. Seriously, if you find the right anime it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i don't watch Anime a lot, but i love manga. As for Vampire Knight i enjoyed the Anime way more than the Manga. The manga was killing me slowly so i stopped reading. To bad, i always wanted to know what will happen with Zero.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts