My Reading/Reviewing Slump and K-Dramas

By now even the most infrequent visitor to this blog noticed that I've been in a reading and reviewing slump for over a year.

I can't help it, guys. There is just so much to do and enjoy here, that books, my first love, took a back seat on this journey. What I'm striving for now is healthy balance.

What I'm really grateful for is discovering K-Dramas. These puppies help me relax and veg out. They are refreshing and easy on the eye, and I feel I really fell down the rabbit hole with them in the last few months. When I was really tired and my head felt empty, sitting down and watching one of those with a cuppa and some knitting was a rejuvenating experience.

So, I just wanted to share what I watched and loved in hope that you either will catch the same bug or share your favorites with me.

STRONG WOMAN DO BONG SOON















This is my favorite show so far. It's adorable and very subversive. There is a role reversal, where the male character is a rich, spoiled boy who plays a damsel in distress down to a tee, and a female character is a true urban fantasy heroine with supernatural strength hired as his bodyguard. It's a delightful show with a good mix of comedy and dark moments. It has only 16 episodes, so I watched it in an easy binge.


BOYS OVER FLOWERS















This is an older show from 2009 and so over the top, you will recognize your favorite YA and NA tropes without any hesitation. Four obscenely rich boys take under their wing a baby faced and fiery scholarship student with much hilarity and tears involved. I rolled my eyes so very hard at this Cinderella story, and yet could not stop watching.

MY LOVE FROM THE STAR

















Okay, I'm still watching it but I've got only a few episodes left. The hero, I kid you not, is an alien who's been stuck on our planet for 400 years. He is allergic to human touch and completely antisocial, but just before he has to go back home, he meets our heroine, a spoiled, shallow actress who moves in next door and who is a double of his first love on Earth. Needless to say, falling for each other makes none of them happy but changes them nonetheless. Following the heroine antics is pretty hilarious.

THE LIAR AND HIS LOVER




















This is my second favorite so far and it's super cute. The hero is a songwriter and a producer of a very popular boy band, and the heroine he falls for is an up and coming young singer who is signed by the same company he works for. He hides his identity from the very beginning and misses out on helping the girl directly, and then they got entangled in a web of lies and misdirection. They are both adorable in their love for each other and pretty shy. I am still watching this show and enjoying every episode.

MOON LOVERS SCARLET HEART RYEO















This one is about a makeup artist and dermatologist falling down the lake and appearing 300 years in the past in one of the most turbulent times for Korea. She gets entangled with royal princes, and while it starts as a cute series with an antihero as a possible love interest it quickly gets darker. I haven't finished watching the first season and am looking forward to getting back into it.

So, this is it for me so far. What are your favorites and what would you recommend?

Popular Posts