My Top 10 Romantic Reads For A Valentine's Day!


I don't know about you, peeps, but this time of year I am quite happy reading romantic books all the time. It might be Valentine's Day itself or it might simply be cold and miserable winter which makes me want to get as comfy and cheerful as possible, but the fact is the same. I read more romance novels than my usual fill.

I am not going to give you Top Ten Romance Novels of all times. That will be unrealistic as our taste changes every few years, but I can share my top ten of the last 5 years and see if it will get you in a romantic mood. *wink*

Get your wine and chocolate, and let's read!
Happy Valentine's to bookworms around the world!

1.BENEATH A WANING MOON
If you are not familiar with the writing of these two wonderful authors. this book is a great chance to find out for yourself if you like Elizabeth Hunter and Grace Draven. A Very Proper Monster by Elizabeth Hunter made me cry it was so piercingly romantic.
 Amazon kindle US/UK 

2. THE UNFINISHED SYMPHONY OF YOU AND ME
My first book by Lucy Robinson, The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me is hilarious and wonderfully inspirational. It's also very Northern English, and I loved it.
Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK | The Book Depository

3. THE SAINT
This is the closest Miss Reisz came to re imagining The Thorn Birds, and it's probably useless to recommend The Saint out of context of the Original Sinners series, but this book while oh so unconventional is a beautiful story about falling in love.
 Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK | The Book Depository

4. BEAUTY AND THE MUSTACHE
You know, I love Penny Reid, but among all her books this is the most poetic, plus you can easily read Beauty and The Mustache out of context of the series. A wonderful, wintery romance!
Amazon kindle US/UK


5. MASTER OF CROWS
My first novel by Grace Draven, Master of Crows is unobtrusively romantic. It shows not tells how the protagonists feel towards each other, and it makes you melt.
Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK | The Book Depository
6. WHAT I DID FOR A DUKE
I totally need to re-read this book, ladies and gents, because What I Did For a Duke is wonderful. What starts as a game of manipulation for both characters turns into a powerful love story as their game unravels. 
 Amazon  US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK |  The Book Depository US/UK

7.SILK IS FOR SEDUCTION
I love Loretta Chase, and this book has a wonderful love story and some amazing banter. Plus I think it's better than Lord of Scoundrels, which says it all.
Amazon US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK | The Book Depository

8.BEYOND SEDUCTION 
This one is a bit of an oldie, peeps, but one of my favorites. Emma Holly writes erotic romances, and this historical romance is a bit of an oddball for her, but it's scorching hot, and it's all about fighting to be who you truly are. I re-read it from time to time. Gorgeous!
Amazon US/UK | Amazon kindle US/UK | The Book Depository
9.SUNSHINE
What always gets me in Sunshine despite it being really slow and not really a proper love story, is this quiet, persistent attraction against all the odds and against your own nature between two protagonists. I find it intensely romantic.
Amazon US/UK | Amazon kindle US | The Book Depository

10. COTTONWOOD
Cottonwood is a very unusual love story as in one of the protagonists is so alien looking to us that it takes a long while to fall in love with him despite his appearance, but the beauty of this book is that it happens and it's truly a powerful love story. 
Amazon kindle US/UK

Popular Posts