Five Interesting Dramas You Should Be Watching

Hello, my lovely readers!
I am sorry it's been so long since I've last written on this blog. Farming took over every aspect of our life and consumed us both. I hardly have time to read and even less time to review. I am very sorry for the silence again.

What I wanted to share with you is my last 5 finds in Drama world before I kickstart my reviewing again, because they have been absolutely delightful.

Are you ready? Here you go!

Number One is COFFEE PRINCE.

I know, I know! I am late with my appreciation, as it came out in 2007 but guys, this is seriously good.

It has one of my favourite tropes in romance - cross-dressing. The girl looks like a boy, boy falls for the girl, questions his sexuality, fights the attraction, gives in and decides to love the person no matter the gender, and it ends with happy for now like most Korean dramas. Classic romantic angst and a lot of tension. I could eat it with a spoon.

Number Two is RADIO ROMANCE.

Filmed in 2018 this is another classic trope.

The hero is ice cold and emotionally stunted, but a warm, passionate heroine thaws him out. He is a famous actor who is scouted by her to become a DJ on the radio. What she doesn't realise is that she is his childhood sweetheart and he still has feelings for her which come out in a very childish way by the way (see, emotionally stunted).

This is a really warmhearted and sweet TV series, and it'll definitely be a good mood enhancer if you are feeling a bit down.






Number Three is CHEESE IN THE TRAP.

Oh My God, this was total catnip.

The hero is an absolute antihero. A great manipulator with a good, popular boy attitude and a creepy smile. The heroine has always seen through him and kept way away until she got accused of doing something he did and snapped back at him.

Then he gets obsessed with her and tries not only to woo her but help her when she continuously gets into trouble. Only his manner of solving problems comes out wrong again and again and hurts her even more.

It's twisted and they are both very odd ducks, but their chemistry is off the charts and I loved the ambiguous ending. Honestly, if you decide to watch one thing out of this list, watch this one, and then tell me what you think.

Number Four is MY CONTRACTED HUSBAND, MR.OH.

Sweet and touching and hits close to home.

Basically, it's about a man living in remote countryside in seclusion and his complete opposite, a dynamic career woman from Seol.

Through the weirdest twist of fate, they are put together and walk into a fake marriage to save the woman from a killer who targeted her as a single woman.

Yeah, I know how it sounds, but believe me, it works. It takes a lot to make their relationship work, and they both change through it in the loveliest way. I adored this tv series, it was such a feel-good storyline.

Number Five is NAGI'S LONG VACATION.

Japanese TV has been the hardest to process so far, but this little gem convinced me to give it ago.

It's so odd, self-searching and awkwardly lovely, it reminded me of Penny Reid books.

All these pent up feelings! My god, how these people haven't burst yet?! It's clever and the acting is fabulous, plus everyone learns something about themselves at the end and conquers their fears.

Definitely, not for everyone, but recommended nevertheless.

And that's it for now.

Any good tv series you've been watching recently?

Comments

Popular Posts