All That's Hot and Funny, Or Contemporary Romance That Makes Me Laugh: A Guest Post from Lesley at My Keeper Shelf

Lesley is a  fellow UK (or shall I say Scottish?) blogger and a lovely, gorgeous lady at
  My Keeper Shelf. She shares my love for all things paranormal and urban fantasy, but she is also a person you want to go for some recommendations of hot, contemporary romance. That's why I begged her to share her favourites in this genre.
Thank you, Lesley, they are all yours! :)
Find Lesley on her blog, Facebook, Goodreads and Twitter.

Like most bloggers I read a lot, from paranormal romance to urban fantasy, from Historical Romance to “After Fifty” type erotica, my TBR pile is never ending and my kindle is never far away from me. What I’ve learned when I look at the books I’ve rated highest in Goodreads is that yes, I do love a bit of romance in my books but what I love the absolute most right now is contemporary romance that has a huge helping of humour. 

I think my contemporary romance requirements are quite simple really. I like tough, smart, intense alpha male heroes, I like heroines that take no crap and have a heart of gold. I like hot romances that have me swooning and/or taking a cold shower. I also need drama by the bucket load, snarky dialogue and tonnes of laugh out loud moments.

Here’s a few of my all-time favourites: 

Anything and I mean anything by Jill Shalvis her Lucky Harbour series remains one of my all-time favourites and she’s on my contemporary romance author “auto buy” list.



Jennifer Probst’s Marriage to a Billionaire series (I do love a Billionaire or two).



Newish author Elle Aycart’s Bowen series, I’m hoping there’s about 33 Bowen brothers, her alpha male heroes are to die for.

 Anything by Ruthie Knox, her books really do make me laugh out loud; my all-time favourite of hers is About Last Night


Here are a couple of my other favourites that were overflowing with swoonage and made me snort with laughter:




Wicked Game by Mercy Celeste
Strangers by Barbara Elsborg
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell
Wrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Robert
Taming the Tycoon by Amy Andrews
Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Thanks to lovely Karina for allowing me to be let loose on her blog today you can catch me over at My keeper shelf.

Comments

  1. Interesting, I have to check some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read that much contemporary romance, almost none at all, really, but when I do, I want it sweet, funny and angst-free. Snorting with laughter is a definite plus.
    Thanks for sharing, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maja and I hope you enjoy some of them Blodeuedd:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contemporary romance is one of the few genres I don't read...no reason in particular (maybe I'm just hard-hearted!) but maybe I will check one of these out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ruthie's books, she's amazing. I also love Jessica Scott but they're aren't as humorous, they're more angsty.

    I've heard good things about Wallbanger, I may give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May have to have a nose at some of these. I like the fun, chick lit side of contemporary romance so can't be too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely have a go at some of this, Les! Thanks so much for sharing your faves with us! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts