Book Buying Ban Week #6

Hello, me dears!
How are you today?
For me this week was a-freaking-mazing despite us being broke after our venture to Scotland :D

First of all I broke my book buying ban for a very worthy cause.


I first heard of Abbie Gibbs through this article.
'I read the Twilight saga and did really enjoy it. I loved the romantic element between the human and the vampire.
'I wanted to do something like that but it wasn't bloody and edgy enough for me so I thought I would sit down and do my own thing and that's what I did.

Abbie started writing her own saga on Wattpad at 14 and by the time she was 17 she gained 16 million views, until HarperCollins hadn't snagged her and her first book was born.

I was so insanely curious, that I've pre-ordered the book for a miniscule price of £1.99 on Kindle($2.99 in US) and started reading as soon as it got downloaded...

I finished The Dark Heroine yesterday and it was glorious. Dark, very gory, snarky and vicious... Ain't no Edward and Bella, I guarantee. It's twisted, involves magic, different dimensions and prophecies. It also has very British voice which made me snort with laughter quite a few times.

I will be reviewing the book very soon, but I can tell you straight away that Abbie is an author to watch, despite couple of messy moments in the plot.
Really gorgeous book, go get it!

Back to normal, here is what I've read this week:

Not as many as I've wanted as I've been reading quite a few books at a time, so hopefully I'll do better next week.

Total left: 70 books (8 for review).

I also found two gorgeous videos by Delilah, a British singer I really love, and wanted to share them with you.
 This one actually suits so much to Kaspar from The Dark Heroine...
At last, here is an awesome infographic on Fifty Shades of Grey courtesy of Neomam.com via Smart Bitches, Trashy Books, which made me giggle.
Click on it to enlarge and enjoy! Happy Sunday!
Ciao!

Comments

  1. Looks like we both broke our buying bans this week! Must be the six week itch! :-)
    But as you say some books are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dark Heroine sounds really good, even for the former anti-vamp (me!). And I loved the 50 Shades graphic!

    Have a great week :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dark Heroine sounds amazing! I love dark and gory stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always si jealous when I see you only have 70 books. I loved the Jess Haines books, hope you as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a few pages of The Dark Heroine - is it exactly the same as her online serial as it feels like an editor could have gone over some of her sentences. Not that it's bad or riddled with errors but you can see her inexperience in the way some of the sentences are formed. I will read it though, hopefully the story will make me forget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohh, I love dark reads, The Dark Heroine is going on my TBR :) Great new reads this week and thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of these books before but they sure look worthy of being checked out and read. =D

    Enjoy!

    Here's my Book Haul post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. dark heroine sounds very interesting. i hadn't heard of it before today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I guess I better add Dark Heroine to my tbr. Glad you had a great time in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard about Harper grabbing a teen author but hadn't actually heard anything about the book. You have me intrigued, I can't wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have to cave and buy a book soon too...must buy a book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Ain't no Edward and Bella" sold! :P So happy to hear that The Dark Heroine is dark and snarky and not just a Twilight replica. Much more excited about it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stalking The Others sounds like a good read, I am in two minds whether to read The Dark Heroine.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I do like her voice. Thanks for sharing. :) Have a great week dear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts